(27) Focus On The Goal

✯✯

LISA's POV

The private library knob started rattling just after five, waking me from my afternoon slumber. I'd been holed up in this room after my verbal fight with my boss. I needed what had to be done. I checked his mails, continued my task and took a nap to calm my mind.

He was the one who told me to get out and see other people. He also told me he'll help me with the hook-up things but never tried to do it, instead he showed up to that supposed date, making himself like a third-wheel person. He said I must focus on his flaws? That's exactly what I was doing and I could say it was working because he was starting to annoy me. His flaw: continually tampering the person I am willing to know.

Those ideas came all from him and then tore me up for daring to have a moment with someone during my break hours. Indignation swelled up inside of me, near inferno's worth.

I was over letting Jeon Jungkook turn me inside out. It was time to start acting like a grown woman and put the nonsense behind me.

"Lisa." More rattling. My brow creased as I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Open the door." Some thumping.

"Have you come to apologize?" I asked inside the library.

"For?" He responded.

"Oh, I don't know. Try being a hypocrite, scolding me, and embarrassing me in front of other people for starters." I talked back.

A moment of silence.

"You're still in the building so I'm still a boss right now. Open the door, Lisa."

"No." I said with conviction.

"Open. The. Door."

"We can discuss this tomorrow, Jungkook. It's already past working hours, so you're not a boss to me right at this moment. Go home and leave me alone for a while." Slowly, setting myself to sit up straight.

Just then, Jungkook went off,

"It is not okay for you to be carrying on with him during working hours. You're on the MBC premises and you damn well know it. Besides that, I doubt that Bam failed to remind you what that man is like. We go to the same parties together, Lisa. And trust me, you wouldn't want to hear it if I go into detail about why I did that a while back."

I gaped at the door. I don't need them acting like some parental guardians for me. Despite the fact that I was aware of it, wasn't it unjust to Eunwoo if I didn't give him the opportunity to tell or show me who he truly was?

I didn't respond to him for the sake of my sanity. I just crossed my legs and leaned back against the couch, waiting him out.

Eventually, the silence was deafening on both sides of the door. I strained to hear something, anything. Then a clink of key echoed from the other side. Suddenly the door opened and Jungkook strode on, his face was cold with no warmth from him. Maybe I should have been frightened, but I was too busy being annoyed to be concerned.

"Did you just unlock the door without my permission?" I shrieked the obvious.

"Our studio's private library door, yeah." He marched on to the nearest bookshelf, seeming ten feet tall. I ignored him as I began to grab my things. I let him occupy the place because I was about to leave, anyway.