(18) End Of Convo

✯✯

LISA's POV

Silence.

Absolute, pure, silence.

"What did you say?" Little lines appeared beside Jungkook's nose.

"You heard me."

"You have feelings for me?" He belittled us both with the way he drew out the word, dragging it over his tongue like the taste offended him. I might never be able to recover.

"Yes."

"You're fvcking kidding me."

"No," My heart was on my sleeve as I stated it. He just stared at me.

"Well?" No response from him.

"Say something!" My voice grew louder. Everything was on display as I stood utterly exposed.

Just then, the knucklehead broke out laughing. For the very first time, Jeon Jungkook was laughing in front of my eyes. I should be glad to finally see him like that but his reaction was not appropriate for our current situation, not for me.

It would be so simple to just throw a sharp object at him and see what I could hit. I wasn't in any bodily danger from him, but he could be in danger from me. I envisioned him beaten and bloodied on the floor. Despite my clenched hands, it restrained me from committing instant violence.

"Now, you see the wisdom of not wanting to tell you," I said, mostly for my own benefit. But no way he could hear me over his insane cackling.

"And the strongest feeling I have for you right now is hate. Just in case you were wondering." I blurted out.

His laughter gradually slowed and eventually stopped. He didn't have an easy time of it. He'd strain his face as he looked at me, the floor, and out the window. I had no choice but to wait.

"Okay, that's great. Glad you could get that out of your system." I said.

"Sorry." He rubbed a hand across his mouth. It didn't hide the grin at all.

"Geez. I just assumed you had some kind of attention deficit or needed to get laid or something because you were looking at me funny all the time. I had no idea."

"Excellent. So, back to our discussion. Clearly this crosses a professional line and to our contract. Therefore, I'll be leaving." I clapped my hands together, pasting on a smile.

"No, you're not. Don't be dumb, Lisa."

"Are you happy there, Jungkook, living in denial? Is the weather nice this time of year?" I stared up at him.

"You see I've had my heart broken by some morons in the past and I swore never again. So I'm not doing this unrequited shit thing with you. That just doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, sorry." I added.

My smile was a little bitter, but his was beautiful. His smile has the power to move mountains and has the potential to break people's hearts. Rejection hurts. I didn't want him to throw his arms wide open to me, but I wasn't impressed by my misdirected feelings any more than he was. But did he really have to burst out laughing?

Imagine falling for someone you don't like half of the time. Who was it that made such a fool of themselves? I mean a part of me, obviously.