(17) Triggered

✯✯

LISA's POV

Jungkook was not avoiding me but he was trying very hard not to talk to me. He really wasn't giving me a chance to open up that topic, again. But I have to, I need to.

Even yet, the last several days have been quite difficult.

"Namjoon, can I talk to you after the band practice?" I went to the manager as I decided to tell him first since Jungkook wasn't listening to me.

"Sure. Is there any problem?" He asked as he watched the band recording on the other side of this huge glass divider.

"None. I just want to discuss something with you." Curious, he turned to me when I said that.

The rehearsal went for hours as I continued to get busy with my portfolio. No more watching their practices for me as I was trying to guard my feeble feelings. As for Mr. Bang, he informed me that Jungkook never replied to his message and that no longer surprised me at all. Typical Jeon.

When I noticed that they were done practicing, I directly went to the pantry as I've decided to have the conversation here with Namjoon. For sure, all the band members went straight to grab something to eat after their tiring sing through session. I waited as I faced my back to the pantry door. When I felt Namjoon was here, I opened up immediately.

"I've made up my mind, Namjoon. I'm quitting." I didn't have enough courage so I told him, still facing my back.

"I appreciate your generosi— Jungkook? Where's Namjoon?" Turning around, I was shocked when I saw the maknae and not the manager.

"Out with the others..." He answered me.

"...and do you really think I will let you do this behind my back?" He stared at me, unblinking. Hostility seemed to ooze from his very pores.

"You weren't even listening to me." I screwed up my nose.

"For fuck's sake, cut this shit. We won't talk about this again, understand?"

"I'm leaving, Jungkook." I squeezed my eyes shut against the sight of him.

"Why? C'mon, you at least owe me an explanation, Lisa." he asked, through gritted teeth.

Oh God, could I just speak the truth to him? But I couldn't. This wasn't going at all like I had planned.

"LK label offered me a contract for my internship. Since I already have an agreement with them regarding my other career, it would be easier for me to work in the same place." I lied, of course.

"I've been in this industry for years and I know you're just making a story right now. That label never offers any internship shit like that." Okay, my excuse failed.

"Well then, I would be looking for another."

"That is something you should consider on the first day. Lisa, I know we're not best friends, but I thought we got along okay now," he said.

"We do, basically." I said, my eyes were still closed.

"Well, then?"

"I'm not right for this job."

"Look at me, Lisa." He demanded.