40. 873

ψ

•|i|• Ø i+! ]

•|i|• Ø i+! ].[

it's time.

11|12|20

Immediately after Karl spoke, Quackity jumped between them.
"Now we all can eat since everyone is here!" he exclaims, clapping his hands together to gain Sapnap and Karl's attention better. Their eyes shift from each other's to Quackity. Sapnap half frowns and shrugs, "Let's eat." Karl frowns, glancing back to look at Sapnap. Their eyes lock again, but Karl turns away after they meet.

The rest of the reunion went as smooth as possible. Sapnap kept his distance and did what Dream said to do; he talked to every one else to distract himself. He ate in between Quackity and Brooke, yet Karl sat in front of him, so he just never looked up from his plate. He got through it, shared laughs and grinned as big as he did when the DreamTeam celebrated all of their milestones, and overall, had a great time.

However, once it was drawing to a close and people were packing what they brought for food, Sapnap was quick to run. Brooke said her goodbyes and gave tight hugs, especially to Sapnap and Karl. Tina started packing up the plates and food she made, same with Quackity. Sapnap and Karl both stood from the picnic table, but Sapnap was quick to speak first. He announced he was tired and was going to head back, then pulled Tina and Quackity into warm hugs.

Then, Karl said he was leaving too, and he walked in the direction Sapnap was heading. Sapnap glanced at him awkwardly, resulting in Karl to stutter out a response of "my uber is this way." Sapnap just nodded and continued walking forward until they hit the sidewalk.
"Get back safe" Karl wished, waving at Sapnap. Sapnap frowned and nodded again, but he responded "You too." Then, they went their separate ways.

Sapnap swipes his keycard for his door and lets out a sigh of relief when he enters his hotel room. The entire walk, he had that feeling of someone watching him, but when he looked around no one was ever there. It easily could've been the strangers he passed, but the atmosphere felt more odd.

Sapnap tugs off his white vans and collapses onto the bed. He exhales deeply. What just happened? Sapnap thinks. He wants to scream into his pillow, but he doesn't.
"You cut your hair again," he repeats what he said, "such a fucking idiot, Sapnap. That's all you could say? You blew all your chances." He rolls onto his back and grabs the pillow to shove it over his face. He sighs harshly into it again, groaning slightly out of frustration.

A knock sounds on the door.

Sapnap sits up immediacy and stares at the door. It's not time for room service, he notes. He gets up from the bed and slowly walks to the door. He hesitantly grabs the handle and pulls the door open. His eyes struggle to focus on blue-grey eyes and pretty freckles dotted perfectly on pale skin.