44. 1,652 - epilogue

ψ

•|i|• Ø i+! ]

•|i|• Ø i+! ].[

And then there was the New Year, and they went in together again.

12|31|22

They wanted the date of their wedding to be very specific and meaningful, which means it sucked because they had to wait a whole year. No venue would've been ready as early as Karl and Sapnap were willing to go. They could have easily gotten married in a small venue or alone if they wanted it to happen so quick, but having their family and friends celebrate with them meant so much more.

Which is why they're here, at a gorgeous venue they rented out for the evening and the night. The night is for the meaningful part of their wedding date.

Most of their families and some of their close friends have left, mainly distant relatives and some friends from YouTube. Karl and Sapnap are surprised they came since it's New Year's Eve after all, but they're so grateful they came to celebrate their marriage.

Their own families leave before midnight,  sending best wishes and give tight squeezes to their new family members. Karl and Sapnap are okay because they still have their best friends, who are dancing the night away as midnight nears.

Dream mimics Karl's dance move, the wave, and they both burst out into a fit of laughter. Karl worried most about getting Dream to like him after how he found out about Karl and Sapnap. Somehow, they became extremely close friends. They make each other laugh and they bring out an amazing side of each other. They have a special bond, and both are extremely happy about it.

Sapnap steps over and pulls Karl's hand, forcing him to spin. Karl giggles and smiles enchantingly at his husband in his white button-down shirt and black dress pants. Karl crashes into his chest and grasps his collar for stability.
"Woah, stripping already and we aren't even home?" Karl jokes, sliding his hands down Sapnap's biceps. Sapnap rolls his eyes playfully, "Wanted to let loose safely, didn't want to rip my tux." Karl huffs, "Good point, but you looked so good in it."
"Be careful in yours, darling" Sapnap tilts Karl's head down and presses a kiss to his forehead.

"Guys, it's almost midnight!" Quackity exclaims, turning on the TV they brought just for this moment. Karl grabs Sapnap's hand and intertwines their fingers, and their rings clink against each other.
"Alright, who am I kissing?" Quackity asks, turning to his group of friends. Tina laughs, "The back of your band." George laughs at her comment and gives her a high five.
"C'mon, that wasn't even that good!" Quackity scoffs, crossing his arms.
"Shut up, let's watch the countdown!" Brooke wraps an arm around Tina's shoulders.

Dream and George hold onto each other, Quackity joins Tina and Brooke in a group hug, and Karl and Sapnap face each other. They meet each other's eyes and both share a moment, both focusing on a specific past New Years they shared together: one in college.

They both confessed to each other, and devoted to be the first of everything for each other. They did just that.

"Ten! Nine!" everyone begins shouting the countdown. Karl and Sapnap stay focused on each other's gaze. Sapnap smiles softly.
"Am I still your only New Year's kiss?" he whispers, recalling the memory. The corners of Karl's lips twitch up, he realizes what Sapnap's referring to. Karl nods and squeezes their hands together, the ones with their wedding bands on.
"No one I'd rather it be with" Karl whispers.

Years ago in college, they confessed to wanting all of their firsts to be with each other. Their first New Year's kiss, first (and forever) love, first time, first (and only) marriage; everything. They wanted everything to happen with the other. They devoted to one another, and got what they wanted.

"Three! Two! One! Happy New Year!" everyone else screams in the venue. Quackity, Tina, and Brooke jump up and down in celebration. Dream and George kiss. Sapnap holds up their intertwined hands, showing Karl the rings they wear. The rings that mean they're devoted to each other. Karl glances to them and back at Sapnap, "I love you so."
"I'll never stop loving you" Sapnap whispers, then presses him close gently and connects their lips.

They cling to one another, their lips molded together perfectly because they're meant to be there.

Sapnap never wanted to let go five years ago, but he let him slip away.

Karl never wanted to let go five years ago, but he lost him.

They never want to let go again, so this time, they don't.

Written: 1/1/22 Words: 777
me when i end this book basically on the same day bc it's new years ahahaha omg that wired so perfectly tho this was so i loved this fic :(

i'll never let it go

-moon