Chapter 25>> The Surprise Party

Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox both walked out of their room. They were now both standing in the hallway together. 

Spike appeared. He whispered to himself, "Oh no, Ian and Anthony are both out of their room. Wait, until Starlight sees this--" He was cut off when Starlight Glimmer sprinted her hooves fast onto the hallway's floor. 

"Wait! STOP!" Starlight reached Anthony and Ian. "Don't move!" She stood in front of them.

"Huh?" Ian asked.

"Starlight, why did you want me and Ian to stop moving?" asked Anthony. 

"Nevermind that." Starlight smiled really big. "Why are you and Ian, both out of your room now? Tell me, I want to know why. I thought you two were still resting since we got back from our short trip from Everfree Forest."

"Yeah, we were. But we are leaving our room now because Ian and I both got hungry." Anthony replied to Starlight.

"Yeah. So Spike and Starlight." Ian said. "Do you have anything to eat at the main room?" 

"Yes, we do. But I don't want you going in there now." Starlight said. 

"Why not?" Ian asked. "We are starving."

"Because I said, 'NO!'." Starlight's face heated up as she shouted. 

"Starlight. Is something wrong? Why won't you let us go into the room?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah. And are you okay? Are you hiding something in there?" Ian said to Starlight. "You are sweating so much on your face."

"N-No! WE are most certainly not!" Starlight said. "Everything is fine..." as she was thinking about what to say next to Ian and Anthony; Spike took a fruit out while he was standing in the background. 

"If you guys are hungry, I have an apple here that you two can share and split." Spike gave the red apple to Anthony.

"Uh, gee. Thanks." said Anthony in an awkward tone. "I guess, we don't have another choice here? Right, Ian?" 

"Why are we not allowed in the castle's main room? Starlight?" Ian asked again to Starlight.

Starlight gave a cheeky smile out and wiped her sweat away (from her face) with her hoof. "I-I...it's because--"

"It's because Twilight and the others are cleaning the room!" Spike said. "So they don't want you interrupting and getting anything in there...possibly dirty again." he said. "They take their cleaning duties, seriously."

"Oh, wait." Anthony said. He bit the red apple. "Hey, that actually makes sense."

"And here, I thought Starlight was lying to us and hiding something to do with the room." Ian laughed. 

"Like, I would ever do that." Starlight giggled in a nervous tone, to not blow up her cover of the planned surprise farewell party that Twilight Sparkle and the others were secretly planning in the castle's main room. 

"Hey! ANTHONY!" Ian shouted madly at Anthony, noticing that he was continuing to devour the apple. "What are you doing!? I thought that apple was supposed to be for the both of us to share?"

"I'm sorry, Ian. But I was hungry too. And I thought that you did not want to share with me this time? You usually don't like sharing." replied Anthony.

Ian was cranky. "Great. What am I supposed to eat now?" 

"Please, don't fight..Anthony and Ian." Spike put his hands out. "See, Ian. Look. I got you another apple, just encase." He gave Ian a green apple.

"YAY!" Ian exclaimed in joy. "I have my own apple. Finally, something for me to eat." He bit into the apple. "Wow, this is yummy. I love sour apples."

"And I like sweet apples." Anthony bit his red apple again. 

"Hey, Starlight." Spike said to the purple unicorn. "Is it just me, but Anthony and Ian are both somehow color coordinating with eating their own apples separately. Right? Why is that?"

"Wait, you are saying that me and Ian are both matching now?" asked Anthony.

"Well, yes." Spike said.

"It's because you and Ian are matching with your apples and t-shirts that you have on. Ian is wearing a green shirt, while having a green apple." Starlight said, pointing to Ian. "And you, Anthony. Have a red shirt, along with your red apple." She pointed to Anthony with her hoof.

"Ohh~!" Anthony chuckled. "Me and Ian both never noticed that. Because Spike gave us these apples randomly. We didn't think much of it, since we were hungry."

"Yeah, same." Spike said. "I didn't think much of the apple-thing either. I just happened to have the apples with me, by chance."

"So, when could we go to the main room?" Anthony asked.

"Uh..." Starlight said. "I am not entirely sure when? Maybe in a few minutes? Perhaps?" 

"We will ask Twilight first." Spike said. "And tell you when you two can go later."

"Alright, we will wait." Ian said to Spike. 

~~~~~~

"Woah, Rarity!" Twilight was in the main room with her friends. "That looks great. The jewelry that you made." 

"Yes, it does." Rarity said. "I am proud of making this, actually."

"Pinkie, are we almost done decorating for this surprise party for Ian and Anthony?" Discord asked. 

"Yes, just go ahead and put on that last banner. And we should be done already." Pinkie said.

Discord snapped his finger, making his magic automatically put the party banner up. "Alright, I'm done."

"Okay, Discord." said Pinkie. "Twilight." she said to the alicorn princess. "Now, is your cue to tell Starlight and Spike to send in Anthony and Ian now."

"Right, right." Twilight said. "Got it!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Starlight, Spike." Anthony asked outloud. "Why did you want me and Ian to have our eyes closed now?"

"Yeah." Ian said, having his eyes closed as Spike and Starlight were helping him walk safely into the room with Anthony. "Why?"

"You will see." Spike said. 

"You can open your eyes now!" Starlight said outloud to Ian and Anthony. 

"SURPRISE! IAN AND ANTHONY!" The Mane Six and Discord all said in a cheerful unison. 

"Surprise?" Ian asked. "So you were hiding this from us, Starlight!?" He looked back at Starlight.

"Heh, yeah. Because it was a surprise party for you and Anthony. I couldn't ruin the surprise, silly." Starlight said in defense. "It's the only reason that me and Spike lied to you both. We are sorry, I hope you understand and forgive us for that."

"It's fine, Starlight and Spike." Ian said. "We understand."