Chapter 22>> Saving Ian With Friendship

"The only way for Ian to defeat this shadow of his. Is to accept us for who we naturally are." said Zecora. "And Anthony for being a brony, whatever that may be?"

"Ian. Come on." said Spike. "Just because Anthony is a brony, who loves and appreciates us with our friendships, and his dedicated fandom of us..that doesn't mean that he is anything lower than he is." 

"It doesn't mean that Anthony lost his manliness." said Applejack. "He is already a man, with his great pride for his loved ones. For his friends, and even for his girlfriend Rainbow Dash."

"Hey! Applejack!" Rainbow blushed. 

"Heh." said Applejack. "I'm just being honest, Rainbow. Don't worry about it."

"I for one." Discord joined in the conversation. "Think that Anthony is quite an interesting fellow. Even you, Ian. With the two of you coming from another dimension, like me. You should accept our friendships and this wonderful world of Equestria. There is quite a lot to do here. And it's so much fun, when you bring your friends along with you." He said to Ian, trying to convince him. "I used to be like you, too. One day, I didn't want to accept what the value of true friendship was. I thought that I didn't need it. But, not until I met Fluttershy," He looked down at Fluttershy. "She redeemed me. Helped me change my ways. She became my first friend. Then, I became friends with Rainbow, and everyone else here. See? It's not so bad in Equestria? You just have to give it a chance here!" A top hat appeared onto the top of his head. "You will grow to like it!" he bowed down while putting his hat over his chest. "It's a great fit. It's something you are missing out on."

"I'm adding this with Discord here." said Starlight Glimmer. "But I actually was.. like him and you too." she spoke to Ian Hecox. "I too didn't want to accept how different friendships can be with anypony. I thought we all had to be equal and have all the same interests. But having friends that are all the same can be such a bore. Being different is unique in friendships and in the value of yourself. That's what I learned from Twilight, when she helped me. I didn't like her and her friends, because of how different they were. Back in the day. But she became my first new friend through some time-travel trouble that I got her and me into. And now, look at me!" She beamed a bright smile. "I'm now her pupil, currently in friendship studies. I have learned so much. And am now great friends with Pinkie, Rainbow, Applejack, Discord, Fluttershy, Rarity, and so on."

"Ian." said Rarity. "Please listen to our words of advice, darling. We want to help you. We want to save you. This isn't nearly as difficult as you think it is, dear. You just have to accept your divine feminine and divine masculine energy inside of yourself and Anthony. Accept Anthony for being a brony. And more importantly, you have to also accept each of our individual friendships with the both of you. Come to accept our pony-world too. I know that you can do it. We all know that you can. Please. You have to." she cried. Her dark mascara ran down her cheeks. "Ian, we love you. I love you! I don't want to see you in pain. I don't want to see you gone forever."

"Rarity." said Fluttershy, comforting Rarity. She walked over to her. "Are you alright?"

"Yes." Rarity used her magical horn to take a white handkerchief out of her pink saddle bag. "I'm just fine. I am, just getting really emotional here." she wiped her tears away with the white cloth. "Thanks for the concern, Fluttershy."

"Rarity." said Ian, with a sad tone in his voice. He felt bad that she was crying over him. After hearing their speeches, his eyes began to glow a bright white color.

"IAN! What's happening to him!?" Anthony shouted to the zebra Zecora. "Zecora! IS THIS NORMAL!?" He looked at her.

"I think so." said Zecora. "I mean, look." She pointed her zebra-printed hoof to Ian and the shadow creature. "Ian's body is starting to glow. It looks like the shadow is starting to slowly vanish. But I think Ian's power isn't enough to do this on his own. He somehow needs some more loving support from all of you, to help him defeat this shadowy-evil ego of his. There needs to be a huge transfer of positive energy, to be directed at him. If only there was some way that I can think of--"

"Good thing, I brought these with me on our trip to Everfree for good luck. Well, the elements of harmony do?" said Twilight Sparkle, using her magic to levitate the elements out of her saddle bag. "Because the magic of friendship is filled with love and positive energy. Won't it work?"

"Yes. It will work. Good thinking, Princess Twilight," said Zecora. "I never thought about using the elemental magic from them for this sense of purpose. But I believe that anything is possible to accomplish. You may as well give it a quick go."

"Okay! If you say so!" said Twilight. She put the elemental necklaces on her friends' necks and placed her crown on top of her head. "Are you ready, girls?"

"You know it, sugarcube!" Applejack raised her hat up.

"Yes! Let's do this!" Pinkie Pie said. "I'm ready, when you are!"

"FOR IAN!" the Mane Six shouted in unison. 

"Laughter!" Pinkie shouted. 

"Kindness!" Fluttershy shouted.

"Honesty!" Applejack exclaimed. 

"Generosity!" Rarity shouted. 

"Loyalty!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"And Magic!" Twilight and her friends were being raised up in the air as magic surrounded them. "Together, they create the magic of friendship!" 

A magic rainbow beam defeated the shadow monster. It vanished and changed back into Ian's shadow. Ian fell from the air, but Anthony flew up fast with his wings. "IAN!" he caught him and put him safely on the ground. "Are you alright?"

"Huh?" Ian opened up his eyes. "Anthony! Yes, I'm fine." He then got back up on his hooves. He looked back at the Mane Six, who had their magic elements on.