Chapter 30: Karl

•ღ•

You sat on the garden with a bored gaze as you looked at the roses.

You didn't want to admit it but you were starting to miss Ran and that made you even more mad.

Your phone beside you began to ring as you pick it up to see a random phone number on the screen.

You immediately picked the call up.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n) we need you." It was Kakucho's voice over the phone.

You raised a brow up at what he said.

"For what?" You asked.

•ღ•
Earlier

They sat down as they started the meeting with Ran presenting his ideas on a big screen.

They started smoothly until-

"The idea is great and everything." The woman interrupted as she looked at the screen then she moved her eyes on Ran.

"We would love to work with you." The woman smiled as she propped her elbow on the table then she connected her hands together.

"I'm glad to hear that." Ran said with a small smile plastered on his lips.

"But first- A marriage proposal should be needed for us to work together." The woman said with a seductive smile on her lips.

"What?" Ran asked as she looked at the woman.

"If you don't accept this proposal then there's no reason for us to work together." She added.

Now

"So that's what happened." You mumbled as you walked inside Mochi's villa with Kakucho, Akashi and Sanzu following behind you.

"We tried to convince him that we'd find another company but he kept on insisting." Akashi spoke.

You stopped in your tracks as you touched the painting that was hanging on the wall.

"And what's it for me if he gets married?" You nonchalantly asked not bothering to glance at the three as you kept your gaze on the painting.

"If he wishes to do it then why don't you just support your dear friend?" You said now turning your head to look at them.

"Well we support Ran in his decision but you see he's not-" before Sanzu could continue Koko who appeared from behind stuffed something in his mouth to shut him.

"He's not what?" You asked.

"Don't mind Sanzu he's just on his drugs again." Akashi shrugged.

"So are you gonna cooperate?" Kakucho asked.

Koko and Sanzu were on each other's throat behind Kakucho and Akashi but the three of you ignored the two.

"No, If it's what Ran wants then I don't want to get in his way." You said as you turning whole body to face them.

"But-"