Chapter 33: BONTEN's End?

•ღ•

"Ran accepted the proposal not because of the business but because he needed the money fast." Sanzu said over the phone.

You furrowed your brows, confused at what he was trying to say.

"He needed the money for the orphanage that you've been supporting."

"The orphanage? Why what happened?"

"That orphanage was bankrupt and they needed to pay for the land but they didn't have enough money and if they can't pay immediately, they'll take the orphanage and the kids won't have anywhere to go. Ran knew how much you loved that orphanage so when he heard about it he did all he could but unfortunately they ended up with Gemma's company-"

"He did this for the orphanage? Why didn't I heard about this?" You asked.

"He told us not to tell you or else you'll be upset."

"That's my problem to face not his!"

"Tonight he'll be proposing to Gemma-"

You didn't let Sanzu finish as you ended the call.

"Turn the car now!" You commanded as the man obeyed.

"To Gemma's company." You were like sitting on the edge. You couldn't stay still as you bit your bottom lip.

"That idiot." You clenched your fist as you looked at the road.

•ღ•

"So this will be a toast for Gemma and Ran's engagement." Gemma's father said as he raised his glass of wine.

"Father! We're still not engage yet. Ran has yet to put the ring." Gemma smiled as she looked at Ran.

Ran flashed her a weak smile as he cast his eyes down.

"So." Gemma stuck her hand out as Ran looked at her hand.

"Are you gonna propose?" She asked before Ran could reply the door flung open.

They gasped when they saw you standing on the door then you walked towards Ran who was surprised to see you.

"He's not gonna propose. The marriage isn't gonna happen." You said as you looked at Gemma coldly.

She glared at you as she stood up.

"(Y/n)." Ran stood up but then you shove him to the side as you faced Gemma.

"You know that Ran is doing this for you right?" Gemma said, raising her voice a bit.

"Gemma." Karl tried to warn her but it seemed like no one can stop them.

"He's helping you and the kids at the orphanage!"  Her voice boomed inside the room.

"I don't need help from him or anyone. I can save those kids and the orphanage by myself." You coldly stated.

"(Y/n)." Ran called but you were already not in the mood.

"It's my problem and not yours so why are you meddling with my problems? If you think you're helping then you're wrong because now, you look like a problem." You whispered enough for her to hear.