Chapter 40: Katherine Vs. (Y/n)

•ღ•

The heavy tension fell upon the two of you as you coldly looked into each others eyes.

"Any last words Agent 07?" Katherine coldly asked.

"I love how you still call me by that name Katherine." You smiled then in a split second you turned your body to the side then you kicked the gun out of her grasp.

She gasped then she gritted her teeth as she hardened her glare at you.

"What's with the mad face? You should've expected that." You monotonously said as you stare at her angry face.

"You didn't really did a great job on hiding your identity." You added.

You had a straight face on not showing any hint of emotions towards her. Your voice was calm yet dangerous.

She was about to go after the gun when you casually kicked it causing it to fall down the 20 storey abandoned building.

"Opps didn't mean to kick it. My foot slipped." You said as you nonchalantly took a step forward.

"I'll end you right here, Right now." Katherine firmly declared as she lunged towards you.

•ღ•

Kaito hurriedly ran up the stairs and when arrived at the top of the building which was the rooftop he could see you staggering to the side as you stood up.

Blood trickled down your forehead as you looked at Katherine.

'How could this happen?! Did she became weak?!' Kaito clenched his fist about to take a step forward when you moved your eyes at him.

"Don't interfere Kaito." You coldly stated then you looked at Katherine.

She lunged at you, you were about to counter her attack when she quickly withdrew with her attacks then she kicked your stomach as you stumbled back then she tackled you down the floor.

You lied with your back on the floor and her knife's blade touching the skin of your throat.

"(Y/n)!" Kaito yell about to step in when you moved your eyes to look at him coldly.

He gritted his teeth as he stopped then he clenched his fist.

You moved your eyes back on Katherine's hazel ones.

"Now I remember where I heard that familiar surname." You said with a small smile on your lips.

"Anna Hasegawa." As soon as you mentioned that name her body stiffened and her eyes slightly widened.

"I like guessing so I want to guess." You hummed afterwards as you scanned her face.

"You and Anna doesn't have any resemblance. But you're not cousins, a young auntie? Not either hmm. Sisters perhaps?" You said as you examined the expression she was making.

"I think not either. You may share the same last names but you're not her real sister. A step sister would be precise." What you said made her even more stiff as her hands trembled.

"Judging by your reaction I was right. And now- the reason why you're gonna kill me." You proceeded.

"To avenge Anna? I think no. You don't seem to be close with Anna since everytime I mention her name your eyes would burn in rage. You hate Anna don't you?" You asked then she gritted her teeth as she glared at you pressing the blade on your neck.

"I HATE HER YES! SO WHAT DO YOU CARE?!" She yells.

"Call me a heartless sister but I was glad when I heard she died. I thought I was free that I don't have to suffer anymore." Her eyes turned glossy, her throat felt like burning everytime she spoke as she remembered her hard times.

"If we don't have money to buy something to eat she would sell my body to some dirty men. If I made one mistake she would make me sleep outside the streets. She would alwyas allow men to rape me so that she can have money. I feel so dirty that I just want to rip my skin out." Tears fell down from her eyes as it landed on your cheek.

"I wanted to study like any other kids but- I couldn't. When I heard that she died I was so happy. I thought that i'd be able to rest but-"

Her body trembled as she went silent. You noticed that she was caught off guard.

'(Y/n) can't fight any longer. If she doesn't let me help her then she'll die. Damn it! How could she turn so incredibly weak?!' Kaito looked at your direction as he gritted his teeth.

You immediately held her hand then on a split second, she was now lying on the floor with her back on the floor and the knife she was once holding was pressed lightly on her neck drawing blood.

"Did your boss ever told you not to let your guard down?" You asked.

Her eyes widen from shock. She didn't expected you to do that since she was sure that she broke some of your bones.

"I heard your name from Agent 01 before and I had to admit that when I met you, You took my interest right away. I was expecting you to be a boring woman like your sister but instead-" A smile formed on your lips along with an amused look in your eyes.

"You turned out to be super interesting." You chuckled.

"If you're gonna kill me then kill me!" She yells. Tears began to roll down the side of her eyes.

"I would kill you- but that would be a total waste." You said as you withdrew the knife from her neck.

"Let me proceed with my game." You said as you threw the knife far from where you were.

"Earlier, I noticed that you weren't just trembling in anger but in fear also. You were afraid that if you can't kill me then something bad is about to happen to you. Anna can't possibly do it since she's dead so someone is behind this now- Tell me who it is?" You asked.

She held her breath then she pushed you out of her.

"I-I.." She trembled even more as she slowly stood up.

"I can't!" She yells.

Kaito was about to step in when you stood up and gestured him to stay in place.

He gritted his teeth as he stayed in his place.

'What could be going on in that brain of hers?! Why can't I just step in?!' Kaito thoughts getting irritated.

Katherine took a step back as her figure trembled. Her face was pale and her hand was sweaty and cold.

She was mumbling incoherent words as you slowly stood up. She clenched her fist then she stood on the edge of the rooftop.

"If you won't kill me then I'll just kill myself." She smiled as she spread her arms.

She took another step back letting herself fall from the rooftop as she looked at the blue sky.

'Beautiful.' Tears went up as she looked at the blue skies.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Author's Note

Hey fam! How was your day? How are you today?

Tell me what you think about Katherine? Do you like her? Do you hate her? Or...

Do you love Anna?

Anyways! I hope you had a wonderful day and please take care!