Chapter 2

Chapter 2

----

It doesn't take that long to figure out where everything in my dad's house is.

I walk upstaris to my room and there is a paper sign taped on a door with Chloe on it. I'm guessing this is my room.

I walk in and see a mattress and a dresser. That's it.

I feel welcome.

I hear more screaming outside and look out the window.

The beach looks so nice.

I look closer and see a few boutiqes along with some other shops.

I change out of my skirt to some shorts and tank top, wondering why I wore a skirt today.

When I get outside it is much more humid than it was in Pittsburgh when I left. I didn't realize it when I got here.

I slide my sunglasses over my eyes and start walking down the street, looking around at all of the beautiful houses.

The sun hits my neck as I pull my hair into a bun, messing up my curls.

Once I get out of the neighborhood I realize how small this part of town is. The neighborhood is on a hill and once you get down the beach is straight ahead and there are shops down the road to the left. There is just a grass field after the shops, along with a road.

While I walk I look over at the beach and see tons of little kids.

Playing with the sand.

Spraying their siblings.

Swimming on tubes.

Eating ice cream.

"Look out!" I hear someone yell.

I look to my side and see a girl on a bike speeding down the sidewalk I'm on.

I move to the side as she stops.

"I am so sorry, I did not even realize you were behind me." I say.

She smiles and brushes through her short blonde hair, "That's alright. Usually down this part of town I get going pretty fast."

I nod and she keeps smiling at me. Awkward.

"I'm Paige." She finally says sticking out her hand.

I shake her hand awkwardly and reply, "I'm Chloe."

She smiles again and looks around, "Are you new here?"

I give her a confused look, "Yeah. How do you know?"

She laughs, "Oh this is a small part of Anaheim. Nobody really comes to travel down here. I mean we have an amazing beach but it is much tinier than the ones in San Diego and San Francisco. But, down here everyone knows everyone."

I nod, "Yeah I just got here today. My dad, Marc, he lives right up there." I point behind me.

"Oh yeah! I think I've meet your dad before." I wait for her to add something. She finally says, "How long are you here? Or are you staying?"

I play with a stray piece of my hair, "About 3 months. Just for the Summer."

Paige keeps smiling at me, "Oh well if you want me to show you around I totally can."

No thank you. "Sure!" I lied.

Paige sets her bike down and locks it on a random park bench.

We walk for a few minutes and Paige keeps telling me all of these "Wonderful" shops that she loves to go to.

There is a very small book store, starbucks, ice cream parlor, etc. everything you expect in a small little town.

When we get to the beach Paige starts taking off her shirt. I widen my eyes.

"Oh don't worry! I have my swimsuit under." She laughs. I nod awkwardly.

"Hey Paige!" A guy yells.

Paige smiles again and starts running into a random person's arms. I look at them. The boy is talking to her as some others yell at them, holding up a football.

I sit on the edge of a picnic table wondering if I should leave or wait for her.

Before I am about to leave a tan boy walks in front of me, blocking my view.////end of chapter 2

Cliffhanger!! Who do you guys think it is? And how is this going so far? Is it going too slow? Too fast? Let me know if you have any suggestions! :)