Chapter 12

Chapter 12

----

I feel the fire heating up my body as I listen to Mikey play his guitar.

Josh comes up behind me and hands me a Marshmallow and stick. I smile at him.

While I'm roasting my marshmallow I keep looking at the street waiting for my dad to come driving down.

Josh leans in and whispers, "We can go if you want."

I shake my head and listen to Mikey.

----

"So Chloe this was a pretty decent night." Josh says as we walk along the sand next to the water.

"I have to agree it was."

I look over at the waves hitting against a big rock.

"So tell me a little about yourself. I don't know that much about you and I want to."
Josh smiles at me.

I run my fingers through the top of my hair, "Are we gonna play 20 questions or something?"

Josh laughs, "Maybe. I'll go first. Favorite color."

"Yellow." "What's yours?" I add.

"Blue."

"Simple. I like it." I look over at Josh.

I rub my toes in the sand as Josh asks, "Favorite food."

"That's hard! I like, like every food known to man."

Josh chuckles, "What if you could only pick one food to eat for the rest of your life what would you choose?"

I bite my lip, "I would have to say ice cream or steak."

"I like it, I like it. Now you ask me a question." Josh slides his hand into mine.

Thank goodness it's dark so Josh can't see my cheeks turning red.

"Um ok, How about what is your guilty pleasure." I play with the ends of my hair.

"Damn that's a hard one...... Oh I got it! My guilty pleasure is I binge watch Friends." Josh turns his head away from me, clearly embarrassed.

"I love that show." I giggle.

Josh turns his head back towards me. We stop walking.

I turn my body towards his, our faces close to touching.

"I have a question." Josh asks.

"Mmh." I mumble staring at his eyes biting my bottom lip.

"Can I get your number now?"

I think for a second and whisper close to his ear, "You have to kiss me first."

Josh grins and starts leaning in.

Right before our lips touch I see a car drive on the street.

Dad.

"Hell." I whisper.

"I got to go. But yes you do get my number...tomorrow....bye." I say before grabbing my shoes and running up to my house.////end of chapter 12