Chapter 7

Chapter 7

----

The walk up to my house is silent.

I keep looking down at my hands or to the side while Josh occasionally turns his head towards me.

"Woah!" Josh says when we get up to my house.

I smile, "What?"

"Your dad lives here? Alone?"

I nod, "Big isn't it?" "At first I thought it was a little big but most of it is pretty nice." I add.

I lead Josh inside to my dads Massive house.

"Your dad lives in a big house with like nothing on the walls." Josh jokes.

I laugh and walk upstairs with Josh following me close behind.

I open the door to my room and close it before Josh gets to it.

I hear him lean against the door as I fiddle through my suitcase looking for my swimsuit.

"So Chloe?" Josh states.

"Talk to me."

"Where did a pretty girl like you come from?" He asks.

I widen my eyes, "Pittsburgh."

"Pittsburgh! Did you move here or are you visiting?"

"Visiting. Thank god though. It would be so hard to live here 24/7 with my dad gone pretty much all day everyday." I fiddle with the back of my swimsuit strap.

"Come on it wouldn't be that bad." Josh states.

I try to change the subject, "So where did you come from?"

Josh laughs, "A few miles from here actually."

"Actually? So do you still live in Anaheim or not?"

"Still. Just about 15 minutes from here." He chuckles.

I pull on my shorts and open the door.

"Where's your swimsuit?" Josh jokes.

I smile and slap his stomach.

"Aren't you supposed to be working?" I ask skipping down the stairs.

"In the evening. I work everyday except Friday, Saturday, and Wednesday. On Thursdays and Monday's and occasionally Tuesday's, I work from 7-11:30."

"P.M?" I ask.

Josh nods, "And then sometimes on Tuesdays and always on Sunday's I work during the afternoon."

I laugh, "That must be tiring."

He shrugs opening the front door for me, "Not really. I am more of a night person." After a few seconds he adds, "So where's your dad?"

"Work. He works from around 6 in the morning to according to his note he left me this morning, 11 at night." I look up at the sky hopelessly.

"That must suck not be able to see him." Josh replies.

I sigh, "It isn't the greatest but it would be really awkward if he was with me the whole time trying to figure out how I've been the past 5 years."

Josh laughs right as we walk up to the shore.////end of chapter 7

I really liked this chapter!!!