Chapter 20

Chapter 20

--

That night my dad got back around midnight and by that time I was in bed asleep.

Well "asleep." I was texting Josh the whole night till about 1:30. Then, he didn't text back and I assume he fell asleep.

I wrap my legs around the blanket looking over at my clock seeing if my dad has left. He has.

I got up and went downstairs to make breakfast.

The kitchen is a regular room to me now. I grab a bowl and cheerios.

While I'm eating my cereal I hear a knock on my door. I stop for a second and look to the side at the door.

Another knock comes.

I slowly stand up making my way over to the door.

I finally had the courage to open the door. Right when I did two hands grabbed my arms and one covered my eyes.

My heart starts pounding.

But then I recognize that smell, Josh's cologne.

Somebody grabs my feet and they start carrying me somewhere, Guessing they left the door open.

I start scrambling out of their arms but they keep a good grip on me.

"I swear whatever you guys are doing-" I start to say but am stopped when another hand goes over my mouth.

Then I felt myself flying and hitting cold water, the ocean water.

I start floating to the bottom but then come to my senses and start swimming back up.

When I get back up I see Josh, Mikey and another guy cracking up.

I cross my arms, "So you guys think that's funny?"

Josh tries to say something but can't stop laughing.

Then he finally catches his breath and croaks out, "Funny as hell."

I widen my eyes, "And why do you think is the right thing to do?"

Mikey looks up at the side and lets out a loud chuckle, "Because that's what our ritual is here in Anaheim!"

Josh laughs even louder!

"So this is your ritual huh? Randomly going to someone's house, grabbing them and throwing them in ice cold water? In their clothes?" I snap

Mikey looks at Josh and then just shakes his head, "No we just thought that this would be fun to do!"

"And whose idea was this all?" I ask.

They all look at Josh.

I raise an eyebrow, "I see how you play games Hyland."

He smirks at me, "I'm sorry."

I just grin at him and walk past them towards my house.////end of chapter 20

This chapter was cute :)