Chapter 8

Chapter 8

----

I wake up to thunder banging through my house like a tornado.

I rub my eyes and sit up searching for a clock, 10:30.

My body flops back down on the couch as Friends play in the background.

I try falling back to sleep but can't. I hear the rain hit against the window.

Usually people say they fall asleep easily with rain but I can't. It's like a fire alarm going off. Beep! Beep! Beep!

My dad gets off in half an hour so I decide to get up and take a walk outside.

When I get outside the streets are empty with just a few street lights.

I slide my sleeves on my jacket farther down my arms.

The waves crashing fill the town.

I turn my head towards the beach and a person walking along the coast catches my eye.

I smile and walk over there.

"Hey." I state.

Josh turns around and smiles at me, "hey blondie."

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Trying to not fall asleep during my shift."

I laugh, "That bad?"

"That bad." He says looking down at the water.

"Why do you even have to stay can't you just like leave? Nobody comes to the beach at 11 at night."

"Surprisingly there are people who do. The beach closes at 11 but there are teens who manage to get in." Josh smiles at me.

I nod, "Today was fun."

Josh kicks the water, "It was and tomorrow I was wondering-"

Josh looks up and I turn my head. I see a black escalade drive into the neighborhood.

"Damn it." I whisper. "I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow.....bye." I tell Josh before running up to the house.

I keep running until my legs give out. I can't be late. My dads gonna kill me knowing I was out late, with a boy.

I stop and let my elbows fall onto my knees as I try to catch my breath.

I see my dad turn the corner. I start running again.

By the time I get to my house, my dad is getting out of his car.

"Chloe! What are you doing out so late?" My dad sternly asks.

I hold up a finger and lean down, once I catch my breath I finally say, "I was taking a late night run. I do that now when I can't sleep."

My dad nods, "Oh why so late?"

I shrug, "It helps me get to sleep better."

And I was right. After I went back inside to my room I was out like a light.////end of chapter 8

Thank you guys so much for 1k reads!!! You guys are amazing I can't even explain!!