Ch 2. Sokovia accords

Y/N P.O.V

"Was it really that bad?" Pietro looks worried at me.

We're standing in the hallway, worried about Wanda and what is going to happen to the Avengers.

I look at Pietro in sorrow. "It was horrible. During the blast, I saw lots of people run away in fear. The people in the building however..."

Pietro closes his eyes and hums. "We should talk to her."

We walk towards Wanda's bedroom. We found her sitting on her bed, watching the news.

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month." The news Anchor says. "The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred."

We go in the room. Pietro sits next to her and gives her a hug on the bed side. Meanwhile I stand next to the bed and Wanda just looks empty at the tv.

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil." The king of Wakanda says in a press conference. "Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all."

"Are you doing alright?" I ask with an uneasy voice.

"I killed 11 innocent citizens and blew up an entire building. How could I be alright." Wanda looks at the tv with empty eyes, not even looking at me.

Pietro looks over to his sister. "But you lost control. It was just accident."

Wanda looks to her brother. "One that killed people."

"It's also my fault." I comment. "I was there too, but all I did was watching. I should've finish him before he set off that bomb."

"I should have done something too." Pietro adds. "If I just convinced the team to let me join the mission, I could've finished the mission faster and let this never happened."

"It's on all of us." Wanda responds back.

Suddenly, we get interrupted by Vision by walking through the wall. We instantly lock eyes on him.

"Vis! We talked about this." Wanda says to him.

"Yes, but the door was open, so I assumed that . . ." He gestures at the door and stops. "I was searching for Captain Rogers, but he isn't here. I want to tell him Mr. Stark is back with a guest."

"A guest? Who?" I ask.

"The Secretary of State."

-

The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, is standing at the head of a table in the conference room. Me, Rhodey, Natasha, Steve, Sam, Vision, Wanda, Pietro and my father are gathered around, as well as my companions in their animals' forms.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack." The Secretary of State begins. "I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word "vigilantes".

Some of us look at each other. I lock my eyes at my dad, being unsure at situation. "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha asks.

I look back at The Secretary of State. "How about "dangerous"?" I roll my eyes. "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" He activates a screen behind him. News footage from past Avengers and SHIELD matters flash on the screen as he speaks.