Ch 3. House Arrest

Y/N P.O.V

Me, Steve and Sam are currently in London for Peggy Carter's funeral. We're in a cathedral, people are mourning around us while the choir is singing. Steve is one of the six pallbearers, carrying the coffin. His eyes are red thanks to all the crying he had done. At the altar, there is a photograph of Peggy in her military uniform.

The priest begins to address the mourners. "And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words."

A woman begins to take the stage as Steve sits between me and Sam. The woman looks at Steve and he returns a look back. "Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD . . . but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy. She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related." She looks directly at Steve. "I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move . . . it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say 'No, you move.'"

After a while, the funeral is over, and Sam left. Steve and I are currently talking leaning against the benches.

"You going to be, okay?" I ask.

"I will be fine." He answers. "What about you? I heard you had quite the disagreement with your father."

I scoff. "He's just an idiot. Isn't it obvious that the accords are just one giant red flag?"

Steve chuckles. "I'm happy you got my back."

I nod. "Well, majority of the Avengers have your back, but even so, this won't end pretty." I explain. "Anyway, I need to go back to the base. My dad said he wants me back at the base. Also, Pietro made a promise to me to give a date night after the whole discussion with my dad. I can only imagine what he does." I mutter the last part, but Steve still hears this.

"Well, I'm glad your relation is... um... active." He says awkwardly.

"Steve, there is different things we do besides sex."

"I know! I know!" He says with a defensive tone.

I let out a sigh. I look over to my side and see Nat walking over to us. "Well, I take my leave. Good luck with the loss... and the rest what is going to happen." Steve nods and I walk away. When I'm almost out of the building, I glance behind me and see Steve and Nat talking. After a second, I take my leave.

-

I'm back at the base, playing with Cerberus by throwing a frisbee inside the living room because I'm bored. Cerberus caught one and return it to me. Vision is in the kitchen, a few feet away cooking. Pietro is currently at the gym in the base. Wanda walks in the room and sees Vision.

"Nice." I say to Cerberus. I take the frisbee and throw it again.

In the background I hear Vision and Wanda talking. "Is that paprikash?"

"I thought it might... lift your spirits." Vision responds back.

I look behind me to the kitchen. Wanda takes the spoon from the pot and taste the soup. "Spirits lifted."

"In my defense, I haven't actually ever... eaten anything before, so..." Vision explains.

"May I?"