Ch 9. Childhood Home

Y/N P.O.V

We landed in Pennsylvania a few minutes ago. We're currently walking in a deep forest. We manage to hide the quinjet between the trees and bushes. All we can see it's a beautiful forest. Nothing seems odd here, but I know one of the bases is here. Although, my other teammates begin to doubt me.

"Are we almost there?" Pietro asks.

"I'm not sure." I answer.

"Are you sure the base is in this forest?" Steve asks with doubt in his voice.

I hummed. "Yes, I remember it was here. I run away from a cave like base, like the bunker in Siberia." I answer. "Even though it was dark, I'm sure the base was hiding in a cave."

We continue to walk around the forest. It feels like hours as we search around. My teammates sometimes ask me that I know where we're going, wondering that is worth it and begin to lose their patience. I suddenly see a familiar cave a few feet in front of me. I stop walking and look at me and the rest looks at me, knowing we arrive.

"Is this it?" Sam asks.

I stay quiet and run towards it. The rest follows me as I go in the base. I slither between the rocks. I then see an iron door in front of the base. I open the door and look inside. All I could see is darkness, only seeing part of the cave thanks to the sun light. I arrive in the cave. Pietro joins me.

"Is this it? Looks kinda abandoned."

"Makes sense. They wouldn't just leave the door open." I explain. "I also remembered having lights here."

Nat, Wanda, Sam and Steve join us fast and look around.

"Do somebody have a light?" Wanda asks.

Steve soon turns on a flashlight. "This enough?"

It barely did anything. Most of the room is still dark, but it's better than nothing. "Does more people have flashlights?" I ask.

Nobody answers. Steve looks at the rest of the team and look back at me. "Guess this is what we've got. Do you want me to in the front?" He asks me.

"I guess. I only have a vague memory of the lay-out of the base."

Steve nods and takes the lead. He flashes straight ahead and we staircase leading down. Steve leads us down. We try to hold our balance by holding the wall. Suddenly, Steve yelps out of nowhere and we flinch.

"Just stepped on a rat, sorry." Steve apologies.

"A rat? Are their more vermin here?" Sam asks.

"I prefer not dealing with... that kind of animals." Wanda adds.

We continue going down till we came to a room, but we can't still see a thing except with Steve's flashlight. He looks around and see two hallways.

"Is there a chance there is a generator in this place?" Nat asks while looking around.

"Probably, but five year old me never knew what a generator is, so I don't know where it is." I answer.

Nat chuckles. "Touché."

Steve looks in the hallways. One is on the right and the other one is on the left. He looks at me. "Which one do you want to go?"

"Let's go to the..." I think for a second. "right."

We continue to walk in the dark and empty hallway. All we could here is our footsteps.

"I've been wondering about something." Pietro says while walking next to me. "Why doesn't the other members of that cult use demons? I only seen yours, but not of other people."