Ch 18. The Past, the future and the dead man

Pietro P.O.V

It feels like a never-ending nightmare. There is no end to this new world. I continue holding Y/N tight, so he doesn't disappear and run into the abyss. I look at my left. I look at my right. There is nothing new, just the same blue vague mirror.

My body begin to start to feel weird, like there is a chilly breeze hitting me. Soon, a flash hits my eyes. I close my eyes. The ground beneath me changes into concrete. I open my eyes and see a burning car in front of me. Before I could stop running, I clash my body against the car, making Y/N fall out of my arm. When I hear Y/N fell behind the car on the ground, I hear him yelp. I quickly caught a glance around the atmosphere. It seems familiar. A city where buildings is breaking down and is burning. Cars are everywhere on the street; the street however is badly damage. It looks like it's fresh. I look at Y/N and check up with him.

"Y/N?" I crouch next to him. "You need to stand up. I don't know where the hell we are."

Y/N looks tiredly at me. He let his hand on his head, hissing in pain. He quickly realizes his surroundings and sit up. "What the- Where's Thanos' army? I thought we were in Wakanda."

"You're right." He gives his hand to me. I help him stand up. "You were attacked by aliens and got knocked out. I picked you up and run around the field. For whatever reason, I went to this... weird blue place. And that's how we arrive here."

Y/N looks puzzled. "What 'weird blue place'?"

I look at him unsure. "I don't have an answer."

Y/N sighs. "Fine, whatever. We should head back where we came from." He looks around and into the sky. "What's that?"

I look in the sky and squint my eyes. I see a strange figure, flying in the sky. It begins to head towards us. "It's heading towards it!"

Y/N grabs his pistol and aim at the figure. When it comes closer, Y/N shoot it down. The bullet hit it. It falls on the ground, right in front of us. I look at it and see what this figure is.

Y/N looks at it curiously. "Cool, now we have killer robots to deal with."

I look at the robot. "...Ultron..." I mutter.

Y/N looks away from the Ultron robot and look at me. "Did you say something?" I look a second at the robot. Y/N looks at me with a mix of worry and confusion. I begin to look around, finally realizing where we are. "Pietro, talk to me. What's going on?"

"We're in Sokovia." I look at him. He merely looks even more confuse at me. "Ultron is attacking the city!"

"W-what?! Wait! Didn't that happen like 3, 4 years ago?" Y/N argues.

"Years ago..." I look at him, knowing his confusion, however there is only one answer. "...We went back in time."

"Huh?!" Y/N merely responds. "Back in time? How does that even work?"

I remember something else from this battle. "Y/N, we need to get out of here!" I use my superspeed to pick up Y/N and run away. I see buildings around me, being trashed by Ultron. There are multiple robots in my way, but I quickly move past them. We eventually reach around the evacuation area in an alleyway, next to the place Clint passed away. I set Y/N on the ground.

"I don't know what's going on anymore." Y/N mutters.

I grab Y/N by the shoulders and let him look at me in the eyes. "Y/N, I also don't know what the fuck is going on anymore." I tiredly say to him. "I don't know how I manage to get us in the past. However, I do know we need to get out of here. The city is going fall on the earth. Y'know what's going to happen if we stay here."