Ch 25. A Father's Son

Y/N P.O.V

We arrive in 1970 New Jersey. Pietro and Steve wears clothes of the army and sunglasses while me and my dad wears business suits. My dad wears glasses, though it's one of his many gadgets. We walk in the army base, which is apparently the 'the birthplace of Captain America'.

"How many times do we have to play pretend?" Pietro asks. He looks at me. We're walking around the place. Multiple people working here are walking around the place.

"Probably a lot more." I respond. "At least we look good in these clothes."

Pietro chuckles. "Damn right."

"Clearly, you weren't actually born here, right?" My dad asks to Steve, changing the subject.

"The idea of me was." Steve responds.

"Right. Well, imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization." My dad looks around. "Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight." Steve responds. We look straight forward. Two men in a building with a reinforced door.

My dad ticks at his glasses. Multiple soldiers are walking pass us. "There is an elevator." My dad comments.

"Can we go in without any trouble?" Pietro asks.

"Let's figure out the answer." Steve responds.

We walk towards the building and walk in it. We see the elevator my dad was talking about. We decide to take it and the doors of it opens. There is a lady with a file in her hands. We walk in the elevator, turn around and face the door. The elevator is going down. I can feel the lady looking at us with suspicion. My dad and Steve look awkward at her for a moment while Pietro and I just stare at the door. There is a silent in the elevator. The doors open.

"Good luck on your mission, Captain." Me and my dad walks out the elevator.

"Good luck on your project, doctor." Steve responds. When we're out of the elevator, we turn around and see Steve and Pietro. The door closes, making us split up.

"Is he going to be alright?" I ask about Pietro.

My dad looks at me sympathetically. "He somehow survived all of this, and you're worried about this?"

I look at him. "Right." I respond. "Let's get the thing."

We search around the place and walk in a lab area. We walk in and look around the place. We see all somewhat high-tech of the time here.

"Do you know what all of this is?" I ask.

"Of course, I know." My dad responds. We continue looking around. There is a safe with a hologram with information. "Gotcha." My dad sprint towards the safe.

"Found it?" I ask.

"Yep." My dad looks at safe. He puts on his Iron Man glove. He looks at me. "Protect your eyes." I put my hand in front of my eyes only a little so I can see. My dad returns at the safe. There comes a flame out of his glove, opening the safe. Soon the safe opens up. I remove my hands and we both look at the tesseract. "Back in the game." My dad grabs the tesseract. I pick up a case for the tesseract and give it to my dad. He puts it in, but not closes because we hear new company.

"Arnim, you in there? Arnim?" A man walks in, he looks around, but luckily not towards us. My dad quickly closes the case. My dad looks at the strange men but turns back.

"Let's leave." He mutters to me. I turn around as well, and we begin to walk away.

"Hey! Door's this way." We turn around and face the men. He's holding his badge. We walk towards him.