Caught - Chapter 8

They walked through the hallways of the castle. Zack was anxious for what Demonic had to say. Zack kept his mind clean though. He knew that Demonic could read minds because he was half-demon, or at least he assumed he had that power.

'Maybe I should tell Demonic about it... Will it ruin my relationship with Huro though? I don't know what to do...' Zack thought.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure we can deal with it." Demonic answered.

"So you can read minds," Zack said.

"I am part demon after all. Your mother would've told you about me." Demonic told.

"Y-Yes... She told me about you and your parents." Zack replied.

"I know a lot is going on in your life at the moment. But I need to ask you a favour." Demonic stopped when they got to the end of a corridor with glass surrounding them.

"What is it?" Zack asked.

"I need you to protect Huro. Daniel, my parents and I know you both are soulmates. Unfortunately, Huro has not figured it out yet. We need you to be with him pretty much every second of the day. I know you were already planning to do that, but we can't risk losing Huro." Demonic walked over to Zack and placed a hand on Zack's shoulder. "I also know that you acted about not knowing that Huro is a human. Never be afraid of your mother. It's up to you what you do with your life. And because you know about Huro, you also know about the power he contains. If that power gets into the wrong hands, then it's game over."

"I will do everything I can to protect my future partner. Nothing will stop me from risking my life for him, I promise, Sir." Zack said.

"I know. And please, call me Demonic. Especially if I am going to be your father-in-law eventually." Demonic smirked, taking his hand off Zack's shoulder. A blush crept onto Zack's face.

"Yes, Demonic." Zack smiled.

"Let's go back. I'm sure Huro is dying to see you again." Demonic stated.

"Ha-ha, very funny," Zack responded.

"I'm serious. He's forming a close connection to you already. It's only been two days but these two days have meant a lot to him. Being soulmates makes it easier for you guys to get along." Demonic explained as they started walking back.

"That means a lot. I'm glad Huro and I are finally coming together." Zack said.

"Mhm." Demonic and Zack got back into the room.

Daniel and Huro were chatting. You could see the stress on Daniel's face. This whole situation was stressful for everyone in the room. Even Zack.

"Zack!" Huro teleported over to him and grabbed both his hands. "Are you ok? Did Papa hurt you?!" Huro asked.

"Your papa would never hurt me, Huro," Zack said with a slight chuckle. "However, we need to go get my stuff from my palace." Zack looked over at Demonic and Demonic nodded.

"You may take him there but be careful and don't get caught by any of your guards. Especially your mother," Demonic told.

"We will, Demonic. I'll keep your son safe." Zack smiled then turned to Huro. "Let's go." Zack teleported Huro and himself to his room at the castle.