The Fight Begins - Chapter 19

Everyone had returned to the throne room, standing in the circle once more. They had shared their detailed plans and were about to leave when Logan noticed something off about Daniel.

Daniel looked exhausted and was unusually quiet. He was resting his head on Demonic's shoulder, his soft features scrunched as if he was in pain.

Logan walked over to where Demonic and Daniel were talking to Huro and Zack. "Sorry for the interruption, but I need to talk to Demonic and Daniel alone."

"Of course. We'll be waiting for you in the throne room." Huro said with a soft smile. He then teleported away with Zack—leaving Logan, Daniel, and Demonic in the hallway.

Logan faced Daniel, his brow furrowed with concern. "Daniel. Do you think you can go? We might've healed you, but your body still needs time to fully recover. It's clear you've been pushing yourself since you got back."

Demonic nodded in agreement. "He's right. You barely got any sleep last night. After all you've been through these past couple of weeks, you should use this chance to recover. Both mentally and physically."

Daniel chuckled weakly and waved it off. "Come on, I'm fine. I was just a little worried about the fight. We all are."

"Love, you look like you can barely stand on your own." Demonic said softly, looking at Daniel with concern.

"I'm not missing this," Daniel growled, glaring at his husband from the side. "I want revenge for what he's done to this family. For what he's done to you..."

Logan sighed. "We can't waste any more time. Make your decision quickly."

The moment Logan teleported away, Daniel held a hand up to his head and swayed. He rested his head on Demonic's shoulder once more, his vision spinning.

Demonic looked at Daniel with both sadness and annoyance. "This will be my call. You are not going."

Daniel would've pushed his husband away, but he knew he would have fallen to his knees. All he could do was growl when Demonic teleported them to their room. "Babe, I'm fine... Take us back to the throne room."

"Daniel, enough. You can barely move. You should've rested more like I warned you to. I knew you were forcing yourself to move. Your body requires more time to completely heal."

Daniel shook his head and pulled away from Demonic, stumbling until the back of his legs hit the bed. "I can't miss this! You need all the help you can get. I-I need to help Huro and Zack... They need me!"

"The only thing you need to do is rest. You'd only slow us down in this state and you know it. I don't want to have to constantly worry about you while we are there. Please, love. You're safer here."

Demonic stepped forward and grabbed Daniel's hands. He brought them up to his mouth and pressed a chaste kiss to both. "Do this for me. For all of us. I just want you to be okay..."

"I feel so useless if I don't do something! If something goes wrong and I wasn't there to help, I'll never forgive myself," Daniel begged as hot tears began to well in his eyes. "Just let me go with you. Please..."

Demonic sighed. He pulled Daniel forward and kissed his tears away before pressing their lips together. Daniel was hesitant at first, but he slowly relaxed and kissed back. When Demonic pulled back, Daniel was expecting him to let go.

Instead, Demonic wrapped his arms around Daniel's waist tightly and kissed his neck. It was at that moment that Daniel realised what his husband was about to do. He felt Demonic's fangs protract and gently graze his skin. "Don't you dare!"

Suddenly, they were lying on the bed. Demonic grabbed Daniel's hands and pinned them down beside his shoulders before he could be pushed away. Sharp teeth pierced delicate flesh. Pain caused Daniel to wince, his jaw clenched tightly. However, the pain disappeared as quickly as it had been there.