Awakening - Chapter 17

Huro and Zack found Demonic in the room that Daniel was recovering in. Demonic sat in a chair beside Daniel, holding his hand and gazing at Daniel's resting face. Huro pulled away from Zack. He walked over to Demonic and sat down next to him before placing a hand over Demonic's other hand, looking up at his distressed Papa.

"He should wake up soon, Papa. Don't worry. He's one of the strongest people I know." Huro assured, smiling gently at Demonic. However, Demonic did not look at Huro. He continued watching Daniel intently as he sighed.

"I know, Huro. But he won't be able to help us take down Yuin. He's not going to like it." Demonic mumbled, shifting uncomfortably.

"If anyone can make Dad understand, it's you. I'm just really glad that no one has died." Huro glanced at Zack. For some reason, the thought of Zack dying made him terrified and sick. He quickly swallowed the feeling down and turned back to Demonic. "Anyway, you wanted to speak to us?"

Finally, Demonic turned away from Daniel to look at Huro, nodding. "I wanted to ask about how you feel. About you two being soulmates." Demonic said as he gestured to the both of them. "It must've happened so quickly. I'm assuming the bite blocked out the controlling?"

"Whoa, slow down. Um... I feel okay right now. I was shocked and confused when it happened though. But after all the hints you guys gave me and my previous feeling for Zack, I realised that part of me already knew in a way. I just didn't want to accept it." Huro hesitantly explained, as if he was struggling to find the right words. "And yeah, Reign's plan worked. It blocked out Yuin's control on Zack through the soulmate link."

"Good. We weren't actually sure if that would work." Demonic chuckled slightly as Huro glared at him. "So... Are you two together now?"

Huro's eyes widened and he flicked a worried glance at Zack. "Erm... No, we're not together yet... We've only been getting along for just over a week and the time we've spent together has mainly been forced. I would love to get to know Zack a little more first. Sorry..." Huro clarified, looking at the floor and scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"That's understandable. Not everyone will want to go straight into a relationship after they find their soulmates like Daniel and I did. Take your time – there's no rush. I'm sure Zack feels the same way." Demonic placed a hand on Huro's shoulder as he spoke, trying to comfort Huro.

Zack smiled and looked at Huro, nodding his head. "Of course I do. I still want to make it up to you for all the stuff I have done in the past. We are still young and have the rest of our schooling to complete. There's no rush Huro, it's alright. There's no need for you to be sorry." Zack assured. Huro hummed in agreement and stood up to hug Zack.

"I'm glad you two are on the same page. But this is something you guys can deal with after we get rid of Yuin." Demonic's voice became stern. He turned his body back to look at Daniel again.

"Do you need us to do anything for you or your family?" Zack asked, pulling away from Huro slightly.

"No, not at the moment. The agenda right now is to regenerate your energy and prepare for the fight tomorrow. We shall talk later with everyone about the plan." Demonic replied.

"Understood." Zack bowed his head and returned his attention to Huro, resting his chin on top of Huro's head. A smile crept onto Demonic's lips as he watched the two. However, his attention was pulled to his hand being squeezed gently. He turned his head to see Daniel's eyes fluttering open. Demonic slowly stood up from the chair and moved to kneel by Daniel's side.

"Hey... Babe..." Demonic whispered, holding himself back from jumping onto the bed and hugging Daniel tightly. Huro and Zack turned their heads to look at the bed when Demonic spoke. Huro's face lit up immediately and he pulled away from Zack slightly to get a better look.