Chapter 17

Its been so long! OMG. But I have finally updated and ready to hear all your thoughts and comments so tell me what you think 😆😀😃
Also as to the people who voted and commented previously, it really does make my day even if its just a little vote button but continue to do so my lovelies. 😊

I'm sorry for having to repeat this, but a lot of people are still confused and asking me why DEMI's name changes to ALEX. If you had read the intro and A/N, you would of known that i had changed and will edit it all later when i have time. I'm sick of people asking me.    

Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17

~~Lucas's POV~~~

"Demi look out!" I yell as I try calming my racing heart. I had to practically run here.

I look up and Demi who looks terrified. She hates heights and I was such a jerk to use that as my advantage in the past. I hear a loud bang go off in her direction and she looses balance.

"DEMI NOOOOOOOO!!" I shout as the bullet hits her shoulder and she yelps out in pain. She struggles to hold on with one arm and that's when I bolted for the exit to try and get to her before she falls.

~~~24 hours earlier~~~

"Lucas, this needs to stop. You can't continue street fighting at night like this! If something were to happen, how will you be able to complete your missions?" My assistant manager Jennifer pleads with worry.

I let out a long exhausted breath. "Look, I appreciate that you worry and care for me but I cant live the rest of my life depending on you. Street fighting is the only way that I make money and besides, you're the one that encouraged me to toughen up my fighting skills years ago." I say with a smirk as she narrows her eyes at me.

"Lucas Gray Miller, all that training was to prepare you for missions. Not some shameful street fights that could get you killed!" she scolds like a mother telling off her child for stealing all the cookies in the jar.

"but muuuuuuuuuum." I whine childishly as I stomp my foot.

Jennifer rolls her eyes and clacks away back to her office. I walk around the headquarters with hands in my pockets as memories of first arriving here come back.

It was memories that I've kept hidden in the back of my mind but they still come back to haunt me. Its memories that i wish i could forget as they bring nothing but pain and tears.

"Lucas, Don't play with the ball inside the house! You'll break something." My mother scolds as I give her my ten year old cheeky grin.

"But its cold outside." I tried to reason.

"Sweety, just find another game to play. We have important guests coming over and I have to finish cooking." My mum says as she finishes making the salad and turns on the pan to fry chicken.

I huff in annoyance as I glare at the floor. Looking up at the TV that has been on, I see a guy doing some cool tricks. I stare in awe as I wish that I was able to do such awesome moves so I could show off to the ladies and even this girl in my kindergarten class, Demi.