Chapter 18

Thanks to those who came up for a new name for Demi, I've chosen the name 'Alex' as mentioned by @princess-candy.

So from now on, I will refer to 'Demi' as 'Alex' and ill edit the name in the previous chapters later.

I edited this roughly but do inform me if you see any mistakes. Especially if I referred to 'Alex' as 'Demi'

Enjoy 😊

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 18

~~Lucas's POV ~~

"What's going on?" I ask curiously as she seemed to panic a little whilst commanding people what to do.

Jennifer seemed hesitant to answer but still did. "Its SKULL, they have another victim at risk and I'm afraid its someone you know all too well." She says softly.

My eyes open wide in horror. " WHO!?" I yell as I was silently begging that its not Alex.

"Alex." She whispered and that was all it took for me to go insane. I'm not losing her. Not today, not ever.

"They know she's your weakness. They're trying to use her to get to us so please calm down and don't do something stupid. We need a plan." Jennifer explains but I wasn't taking any of it.

"Where is she?" I grit out as i try to calm my anger and not letting it out on her.

"Lucas, you can't just barge into that old warehouse, its a trap!" She exclaims as she tugs into my arm then covers her mouth.

Old warehouse... " Is it the warehouse down on the west side of town?" I ask impatiently. Alex's life is at risk, I can't venture wasting time.

"N-no?" the look in her eyes as she spoke was all it took for me to rush out. Jennifer has always been one to never lie. She's honest and straight out and that's what I like about her.

I drove off in my motorbike to the west side of town, well past the driving limit. As soon as I arrived, I bolted for door which luckily was open. I pause as I watch the current scene. Alex on the broken window, looking down horrified while Hayden the traitor, is trying to charm her.

"Come down here babe, you'll get hurt." Hayden says with a smile but his eyes glisten with evilness.

"Alex, I want you to close your eyes, take a deep breath and jump out. Don't listen to him." I say calmly as her head whips to my direction and her eyes open wide. She glances back and forth between Hayden and I, contemplating who to trust.

The guy she has a wild crush on, or me, her rival enemy who nearly killed her years ago.

"No Alex, I know you can find a way to get down, use those metal poles in your hand." I desperately encourage.

"Alex, if you don't want to get hurt, I suggest you come down here." Hayden says calmly as he polishes his shiny silver gun. Alex looks at the gun terrified as she struggles to chose what to do.

As she tries to get out of the window, Hayden raises his gun and aims it towards Alex. I was paralysed in my spot as my breath hitches in my throat.