Chapter 8

I'm sorry for having to repeat this, but a lot of people are still confused and asking me why DEMI's name changes to ALEX. If you had read the intro and A/N, you would of known that i had changed and will edit it all later when i have time. I'm sick of people asking me.

Hey guys, please don't be silent readers where you just read and not show an appreciation, a vote or comment wouldn't hurt.

Enjoy :]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

~~Demi's POV~~

...I felt Lucas go limp beside me and i soon joined him.

Who knew the bad ass and the bad boy would fall unconscious together....?

Yet who knew the bad ass would save the bad boys ass!?

* * * *

Waking up in an unfamiliar white room, my eyes immediately shut tight when the blinding bright light causes me to groan. I squint my eyes slowly waiting till they adjust to the light before I took in my surroundings.

Where am I...?

"OH MY GOSH DEMI YOU'RE AWAKE!!" Squeals the all too familiar squeaky voice of my best friend Ashley.

"Yeah, I might be awake but you definitely busted my ear drums." I sigh as I lay my head in my hands. The pain in my head is unbearable.

"What happened?" I question.

Ashley looks hesitant for a few seconds. "Well...you sorta got trapped at school while there was a fire and apparently Lucas went in to help you but you came out helping him. Then you both fainted....which is weird....OH GOD I THOUGHT YOU DIED! Don't you ever do that to me again missy! You understand?" Ashley warns and I laugh at her seriousness.

Then it all comes back to me.

The fire....

Lucas's little breakdown...

Helping the both of us escape...

Holy gorillas and sour cream garlic apes!

"I need to see him!" I panic. He was hurt all over.

"Calm down, you still need rest." Ashley says worriedly.

Forget rest! I need to see him!

I get up despite Ashley's warnings and ask her for his room. She sighs and says "He's right next door to you." Quickly thanking her, I rush into his room.

I walk in to see that he was still asleep. He looks so vulnerable and fragile right now. He has a big white bandage wrapped around his chest area and the back, His leg is also wrapped; from his ankle to his knee, his hands and face have a few tiny stitches and it breaks my heart to see him like this, all because he came to save me.

But don't start thinking anything. He's still the annoying and pathetic loser who irritates me at school everyday, but...he did try to save me, although he failed...but if it weren't for him, I'd be burnt toast!