Chapter 20

I'm sorry for having to repeat this, but a lot of people are still confused and asking me why DEMI's name changes to ALEX. If you had read the intro and A/N, you would of known that i had changed and will edit it all later when i have time. I'm sick of people asking me.   

The quote doesnt have anything to do with the chapter, i just add them cos i like the quote.

Chapter 20

~~~Lucas's POV~~~

"Uhm, Jonathan...are you sure that this is the same black Mazda car?" Questions Jennifer hesitantly.

"Yes ma'am, the number plate proved so otherwise and the direction they were going could only come from one road and as mentioned by Lucas, Wagoon road."

~~~Alex's POV~~~

"You idiot, I'm freezing cold and this is all your fault!" I yell as I scold the idiot who nearly got us killed. Well drowned...

When we crashed down, we were engulfed by the water which froze my blood solid. Luckily Cole held on to me the whole time and had successfully managed to swim us back up and we managed to get out. I guess the driver and the other dude in there who held me back from getting out of the car, weren't so lucky. It was a horrifying experience as my old memories came rushing back to me.

The one thought that kept swirling through my mind as we were sinking in that water whilst Cole tried to budge the door of the car open was,

'What if this time, I really do drown...'

"How is it my fault that some blind bastard didn't look where he was driving!?" Cole snaps back as we continue to walk in the freezing night.

I don't know how the cold never bothered Elsa, but it damn as hell bothers me!

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Funny how it's always the Miller twins that cause me to drown." I wince a little from the pain in my shoulder from the bullet.

"For the love of cupcakes, it wasn't my fault! I didn't plan on this happening. I didn't plan on getting you hurt. Besides, that pathetic excuse of a twin did it on purpose, whereas I actually tried to save you and look at that, I happen to be your hero." He smirk as he runs his hand through his now damp hair.

Damn why does he have to look so much like Lucas!! Everything he does looks sexy because Lucas is sexy! Ugh!
Does anyone feel my struggle?

"Awwwh, my prince in shining armour." I say dreamily while fanning my face only to see Cole looking at me amused. What am I, an entertainment show?

"Wait, how did you know that Lucas tried to- well you know-"

"How he pushed you to drown you?" He questions and I nod looking away.

"Well, who do you think he came to, to talk all about his girly problems?" He says while raising up his left eyebrow.

"Oh. You must've been really close to him then." I say softly as I wish I had a sister to share all my problems with.

"You could say that." His voice now suddenly cold as he avoids eye contact.

"Why the change of mood?" I stupidly speak out my thoughts.

He sighs but still talks. "As you see, our twin relationship isn't really a...strong or healthy one at the moment. Well mainly because he thought I was dead. But Lucas and I slowly drifted apart all thanks to the pathetic excuse I call parents who failed to see that they had another son and not just one." He explains but I understood clearly. He didn't have to elaborate further more.

"I know what that feels like." I whisper as memories of my long gone and dead brother come back. "My older brother's death is what caused my parents to go insane. They truly loved him and worshipped the ground he walked on but he died of pneumonia. I was of course the pathetic excuse of a crappy daughter that they even told me how my birth was the biggest regret they ever made." I bring up my shivering cold hands to wipe away the fresh warm tears that slid down my cheek.

I felt Cole wince beside me as I finished explaining part of my crappy old life. "Well enough of that, I'm actually craving cookies n cream ice-cream right now." I say shivering.

"Why would you want ice cream if your lips are blue, teeth chattering and you're shaking from head to toe?" Cole exclaims as he stares at my like I'm the walking dead. (No I have not seen that show, I was referring to something dead that walks.)

"So where do we go now then, genius?" I snap angrily as my whole body shivers.

"Don't worry. Down that road is my apartment, we can stay there for the night." Cole mutters as he walks beside me.

"Uhm...hello? Mr kidnapper? How do I know that you're not gonna kill me?"

"If I wanted to kill you, I think I would of done so ages ago, don't you think cupcake?" He grins at me while I glare. "Besides, we've been having a normal chat for ten minutes now haven't we?"

"Good point. So then... why do you want me?" I ask as we continue to walk.

"Well all I know is that I have to find you and bring you back to Hayden since the idiot thought you wont be able to tell the difference between Lucas and I, but I guess that failed as we don't even sound the same. Anyways, Hayden basically wanted to use you as bait to get to the cleverly hidden headquarters Lucas works at." Cole explains his evil plan casually.

I stop in my tracks as I realise something. "You mean to tell me, Lucas works for a secret government agency!?"

"Yup, pretty much- Wait....you didn't know?"

"How pathetic! How could he be saving peoples lives when all he does is try to kill them!?" I grit out as I remember when he first betrayed me as a friend and decided to push me into the deep pond that I was actually lucky that I survived seeing as I swallowed a lot of water.

"Of Course I didn't know!" I say outraged as I try to think of why he would even work at a place like that. "And look at my life now, my crush is out to get me." I scoff at my new realisation. "Now I know why they call it a 'crush'... It's because we're blinded by foolish love that has no chance of being real other than an end result of a crushed heart." I say furiously, my foolish actions where I was head over heels for him, now disgusted me.

Cole chuckles beside me. "How ironic, you were crushed by your crush." He continues to laugh hysterically as I stand there trying to cross my arms angrily, failing to see what is so damn funny but wince when I remember that I got hit in the shoulder. I guess I was numb from shock and the cold that I forgot about the bullet in my shoulder.

"Oh, I'll take care of your arm when we get to my apartment." Cole suggests. "I just so happen to specialise in first aid."

~~~~~~~~~
Whoooo!! Three updates in a week, I'm so proud. *wipes non existent tear* Alex is still pretty much alive and I just couldn't get rid of her.

Any who, vote and comment to make my day and I shall do the same in return if u ask so.

Any mistakes you pick up, do inform me, I don't mind being corrected cos everyone makes mistakes and that is okay.

Bye!