Boom

-chapter five-

Light streams in from the circular window behind Silco's tall-backed chair, casting an eerie shadow over the desk and the two women in front of him. To his left, Jinx; his pride and joy, sits cross legged on the wood, one long braid wrapped around her arm. She toys with the tuft at the end, wrapping it around her finger, then unwinding it, and doing it over again. She does this to quell her anger as she sits still, so still, sending searing glares to the woman beside her.

To Silco's right, his woman on the front lines; Sevika, her back straight in the chair she sits on, shoulders squared in a dominant position. Jinx's glare less than affects her, the fiery gaze something she has grown accustomed to. She had seen worse on the streets than this blue haired, trigger happy stick of a girl, and the likes of her wouldn't intimidate her now.

This being said, when Silco's hands come slamming down on the table with a furious crack, neither so much as bat an eye.

"You did WHAT?" Silco shouts, the majority of his possessions bouncing off of the desk and onto the floor with various sounds of metal. His breaths are heavy, spit leaving his mouth with every huff. Jinx swipes at a bead of it that lands on her ankle with her thumb, top lip curled up as she wipes it slowly on the map splayed across Silco's desk.

"I let her win." Jinx snaps, picking her thumb back up off of the map to play with her hair once more. "Sevika had a gun pointed at her the entire time and let her go when I gave her the perfect chance to shoot."

"We were in public!" Sevika retorts, throwing her hands up in frustration.

Silco's eyes dart from Jinx to Sevika. "So make an example of her!"

"And she threatened me!" Jinx shrieks over him, pointing one long, accusing finger at the older woman.

"I knew as soon as the kid got up, this crazy little shit would be back on top of her finishing the job like a fox slaughtering a hen because I didn't." Sevika roars, her hands slamming on the table as she stands up and looms over both Silco and Jinx. "If you were there, would you have allowed her to continue to make a scene?"

"But- you thought it was funny! The girl started-"

"ENOUGH!" Silco bellows. Silence sweeps over the two of them, Sevika heavily taking her seat once more and Jinx leaning back on her hands with a huff and a frown, eyebrows furrowed in a pinched look of frustration. Silco rubs his temples, eyes closed as if to relieve the stress of the two seated before him.

"Sevika," He began, his tone final, "She will not fight for me."

"No, you're damn right she won't," Sevika retorts, her tone as even as his. "She fights for the Under City. She's made it clear she wants to do just that. She'll be my responsibility, Silco, and you know I wouldn't make the wrong decision." She eyes Jinx before continuing. "Even if this one went lightly on her, she had to have put up a damn good fight to get her as pissed off as she is now, right?"

Jinx opens her mouth to rebuke Sevika's statement, but before a single word can come out, Silco raises a hand to her. Her jaw shuts with a clack, and her brows raise in disbelief.

"Do as you wish, Sevika, but the girl is your responsibility. Everything she does will be entirely on you, and you will suffer the same consequences she does."

"Thank you, Silco." Sevika breathes, her relief apparent. "I won't let you down."

The man turns to the other. "As for you-"