Vaporwave II (NSFW)

Content warning! This chapter contains depictions of smut, so only read if you're comfortable and of mature age! If you're not comfortable or of mature age, there is a ~ symbol directly before and directly after the NSFW portion, so you can skip over it. Thank you!

-chapter 24-

"Your club?" Jinx laughs as if to diffuse the tension, glancing from Mynth to me rapidly. "Hardly."

"Maybe not technically, but it's no secret that I run the scene around here." Mynth dismisses, running her manicured nails through her long black hair.

In a random bout of annoyance at her attitude, I interject, "You run the scene here? Are you not the secondary DJ?"

Both Jinx's and Mynth's eyes round on me, though Jinx's look more scared and Mynth's outraged. "Excuse you?" The latter spits, sliding off of the bar to stand. We're about the same height, and my fight or flight response immediately sobers me and sends my mind searching for Sevika's hard learned lessons. Jinx throws her hands up in the air suddenly.

"Woah, woah, girls! Back it off, alright?" She reaches out and grabs my hand, but turns to face Mynth, keeping our interlocked hands behind her back. "Y/N was just making a little joke, y'know? How about we get you a drink?"

My face falls, surprise taking the place of annoyance. The other girl's face turns upwards in a smirk before shrugging. "That sounds nice, J." She says.

"The usual then?" Jinx confirms, sporting a forced, toothy grin.

"Yes, please."

Releasing my hand, Jinx makes a finalizing gesture to the both of us. "Alright, I'm gonna go grab Tae. You two stay here, and play nice, alright? Please?"

I blink at her pointedly, trying desperately to convey my message without words. Mynth only nods. "Of course."

Jinx gives us a thumbs up, shoots one last pleading glance at me, then disappears into the crowd surrounding the bar. I turn back to Mynth and my fight or flight takes over once more when I find her mere inches from my face. She has her chest puffed out and shoulders squared in an attempt to make herself taller.

"What fucking nerve you got coming in here like this." She snaps. "I know you know damn well who I am, and if you came here to make some kind of fucking statement, it's a lame one."

An open fire of rage burns in my chest and I open my mouth to retort, but she continues.

"It'd do you well to leave. You can save whatever breath you were about to use to get your dumbass out of here. You don't belong here, Y/N, you're a fucking Piltie. Act like it."

At this, a chill runs through me. How does she know who I am?

"Yeah, that's right. I know who you are. A dirty fucking topsider. You think your old boss at the other club didn't spill the truth about Sevika's new little pet? Poor, sad rich girl ran away from home and begged for a job, only to whine and cry when guys got too touchy, then up and left, right?" Mynth spits vehemently. "You can't hide from that shit. People down here talk. Jinx stopped coming down here- turns out she's been putting all of her attention on privileged scum like you. Don't get too comfortable where you're at, rich girl. Jinx is mine, and right now you're just a shiny new toy."

As the last few words leave her mouth, Jinx emerges from the crowd again holding a drink for Mynth. It's the same we had been drinking- the purple nebula in a glass. In my shock, Mynth sweeps on a deadly even look and steps back, reaching for the glass.