48. (*)

Harry.

I let out a frustrated sigh when I got into another argument with Mitch on Wednesday. We had just had dinner, the three of us. Sarah had cooked for the occasion, creating a really good pasta that she had seen the recipe for in the paper.

It was a simple tomato-sauce dish but the flavours had been exquisite and it was incredible.

"Mitch, it's your turn to do the dishes." I sternly spoke, impatiently tapping my foot. He buried his face in the pillow on the couch as he let out a loud groan, "Fuuuck, you're so annoying."

I sent Sarah a look, silently pleading for her help but she held her hands up, clearly saying she was staying out of this.

I fisted my hair in frustration, "I'm the one who's annoying?! We have a system, for fuck's sake Mitch!"

"If you want them done the same evening, do them yourself!" He cried out, and we were back to square one with the same fucking argument about the same fucking dishes.

I held my finger up, "We agreed! You do them Monday through Thursday, I do them Friday and on weekends."

"Why do I have to do them four days and you only three?!" He exclaimed in disbelief, as if we hadn't agreed on that together, as if it was his first time hearing this.

I clenched my jaw, "Because I cook most evenings, you idiot. You hardly do anything around here."

"We should get a girl roommate." He sighed and it was Sarah's turn to glare at him, "What's that supposed to mean? Think a girl roommate is going to clean up all your shit for you?!"

I smirked at Mitch's panicked face. He was really digging his grave with this one. Sarah crossed her arms in front of her chest, challenging him, "Well?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Well... no... I'm just saying... aren't girls better at that?"

Sarah's eyes widened, "You fucking idiot!" She repeated my own words in a high pitch, clambering off of the couch and stalking over to me in the living room. She mimicked my position of glaring at Mitch, who was now on his own on the couch.

"I've joined Harry's side now. I too want you to do the dishes. Now." She sternly spoke and I smiled, bumping my hip into hers, "Thanks, Saz."

"You're welcome, Haz." She bumped her hip back and Mitch looked at us in disgust, "I hate you two."

"I think you very much love both of us." I smiled widely while he forced himself off of the couch and slowly slumped his way to the kitchen.

"Thank you." I exaggerated the volume of my voice to spite him and he rolled his eyes, "Of course, your majesty."

With much effort, he finally got started on the dishes and Sarah and I both had a smug look on our faces. It was around eight in the evening now and I let out a sigh when I sat down on the couch, finally relaxing after a long work day. Even though I only had to work mornings on Wednesday, I had been volunteering a little around the school and stayed as late as six in the evening to work on a couple of projects.

I really enjoyed the school, and I felt like Cindy – the principal – saw a lot of potential in me. I liked being given the opportunity to work to do more policy work. Much of the administration in the school was so outdated, because so many old teachers worked there. In the past years, some more young people had come to work there and they usually just blindly took over the teaching goals and course materials of the previous ones, but they needed renewal.

And I enjoyed working on that.

I was sipping on a beer and watching the news when my phone rang, the name Cinnamon flashing on my screen. Sarah had noticed too from her position on the couch next to me, a small smile curling on her lips but she didn't comment anything.