31.

Penelope.

"You'll never believe what happened!" I exclaimed in a shrill voice as I hurried into Steve's bar.

My breath was heavy as my feet hurt from the high heels, and the rain caused my hair to be soaking wet and my coat to be too. I shrugged it off, shivering a little as the rain had ran through my coat and into my jumper, meaning basically all my clothes were wet. I was fully out of breath and shivering as my heart hammered in my throat and adrenaline was still coursing through my body while my mind was spinning.

"Did you walk here?" Niall cocked up an eyebrow as he took in my appearance and I rolled my eyes, "I had no other choice! Someone smashed the windshield of my car!"

It caught the attention of Dave and Harry who stopped conversing to flick their eyes over to me. I tried to avoid Harry's powerful gaze as they both stared at me. It always felt so intense whenever he was in a room with me. His eyes dragged up and down my soaked body as I quivered on the spot.

"What?" Dave piped up in confusion and I nodded, motioning to Steve to hand me a towel so I could attempt to dry off my hair and to give me a shot of tequila. Niall's brows raised as I downed the shot, "Jesus, Pen, it's five in the afternoon."

The alcohol ran down my throat and I shuddered at the bitter taste before wrapping the towel around my hair to stop it from leaking everywhere. My teeth were chattering, "It's the craziest thing. I got off work and they were working in the underground garage today so I parked down the street from the office. And my window was just completely smashed into pieces!"

"What the hell? Who would do that?" Dave frowned angrily and I shrugged, "I called the police and they towed my car, I've notified Sammy and he's going to fix it as soon as possible. And then I wanted to take a cab here but due to the weather, none of them were available. So I took the tube and walked the rest."

A noticeable shiver ran over my spine and Harry got up to his feet, handing me his jumper, "Put this on, you'll get a cold."

"Thanks." I breathed, tugging my own wet jumper over my head to leave me in a tank top before I put his on. I let out a breath of relief when I warmed up immediately, and the jumper also smelled like him. I rolled up the sleeves a little so my hands were free, "Nobody got a pair of spare socks by chance?" I glanced down to see my wet heels, my feet frozen completely, "I should just head home and shower." I sighed.

"Wait, so what did the police say?" Dave ignored me, motioning for me to sit down in the fourth chair. I sat opposite Harry, glancing at him as he had a look of worry on his face. I sighed, thanking Steve for bringing me a cup of hot coffee that I clamped between my cold hands immediately, "They're going to check if there were any cameras in the street that might've caught it. Nothing more they can do."

"Sammy will fix it in no time." Dave assured me and Niall had a frown in his forehead, "Who's Sammy?"

"Dave's uncle. He's our mechanic." I explained as I took a few sips of hot coffee and my fingertips warmed up. I flinched a little when I felt Harry's leg against mine beneath the table, causing me to lift my head to see his face.

"Are you okay? Little warmer already?" He asked and I nodded, "Yeah, thanks. Don't you need your jumper? Aren't you cold?" I looked at his bare arms, him left in a T-shirt now even though it was quite chilly today.

He firmly shook his head, "No, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." His hands moved over the table, clearly on their way to hold mine but my eyes widened and Harry quickly stopped himself as if realizing suddenly that we weren't on our own. His fingers tapped against the table as he cleared his throat and leaned back in his chair with slightly pink cheeks.