Chapter 4 What it Means to be a Hero

-Airmed-

I mostly zoned out the entire plane ride to California, I don't remember anything that happen.

When I came back I was standing in front of a white mondern style mansion with three stories. There was arches in the front walk way, with see through windows almost like the whole building was made of windows.

It looked so huge. I stood there staring at my new prison. I felt someone touched me gently. I blinked hard and shook my head. In front of me was a group of people. Two females and two males.

"Hello there." The first female said. She still had her hand gently touching my arm. My eyes darted between all of them. "Welcome to Iron Manor." Her smile felt genuine.

I looked at the group the first female who was touching me, had pale skin, with brown eyes and blonde hair. "I'm firefly!" She smiled. I nodded slowly and took a deep breath.

"I'm Voodoo Doll." I answered back. Her smile grew even more.

"My name is Michelle Roger." She gently push her hand to behind my shoulder to show me to the rest of the group.

The 2nd female just wave and looked back at her book. She had black hair and two different color eyes. One being pine green and the other a pale blue. She was more of a mall goth by the way she wore her clothing.

"That's Titanina, she's more into books and bugs then people." Michelle answered for her. "Her name is Emily Sanders."

"And that one is." She was about to show me the first male before he jumped in.

"I'm Andrew." He shoved his hand in front of me to shake it. The boy had ginger hair and brown eyes, with big thick glasses. I looked down to his hand and slowly reached for it.

When he grasped it, it felt cold. Like touching the dead. My skin formed goosebumps, and I shivered. A dark shadow formed behind him and stood on two legs, hunched over. Long spines stuck from it's back and I saw two glowing red eyes staring at me.

I could feel the blood drain from every limb. My eyes widen in fear as the shadow monster stared me down.

"Blackheart, is what he's called." The other male spoke.

"More like asshole." Emily softly scoffed.

I tried to move my gaze from the shadow monster, but I couldn't move, I couldn't even pull my hand out of Andrew's.

A hand grabbed Andrew's wrist and he let go. The hand belonged to the 2nd male. He had brown hair like mine and green eyes. He dropped Andrew's wrist and looked at me.

"Sorry about him. He loves to scare people with Blackheart." He tried to give me a warm smile but it was more of he was mad at Andrew. "I am Stopwatch." He glared at Blackheart. "My name is Shane Row" His eyes moved back to me and they soften.

I softly nod and tried to smile but as the muscles start to tug I felt the heavy hand that I've been trying to get away from, plopped on my shoulder pulling me away from the group.

"So your met your colleagues? The are a nice group. With all of us we are pretty much balanced. Firefly can use any lighting from electronics. Either to make them brighter or make them black out." Michelle crossed her eyes and sighed.

Michael moved on to the next one. "Emily is queen bee." I saw her eyes flit from her book and then rolled her eyes. She slammed it shut and walked back inside. "She always a bitch so don't worry about her." I looked over at Mitchell and she glared at but sighed and then walked away.

Michael moved on. "As you know blackheart control a shadow monster." I looked back at the ginger, and I could see a smug smerik appeared. "And lastly there's stopwatch. He can freeze time around him for only a few seconds."