Chapter 9 Operation Smuggling

-Airmed-

I ran as hard and as fast as I could. I had no idea where I was. The only thing I did know was Bull was after me.

I followed the highway, being mainly dead for being 2 in the morning. I was starting to get tired out from all the running. I felt like I was gonna vomit.

I stopped and placed my hands on my knees to brace myself. But then I saw headlights. Without thinking I held my thumb out as I saw in movies about hitchhikers. I held my breath hoping that it wasn't Bull.

The car slowly slowed down and stopped maybe a few feet from me. I quickly ran up to the car and it was Emily.

"Get in!" She opened the passenger door for me. I quickly got in and threw on the seat belt.

"Where are we gonna go?! I don't wanna go back!" I cried out. My body started shaking in fear of what he will do to me once he gets his hands on me.

Emily sped off and was making the engine rev when she slammed her foot on the pedal. "There's one last option Airi." I looked at her wide-eyed. "Remember my quirk queen bee." I nodded. "Well, my friends have told me there is a shipment plane. Granted it's just a chopper to and from but it will work."

My heart pounded and her words ran through my head. "Now sadly I don't know where it will go. But it's going somewhere that's not here." She gulped down some air and looked at me. "But once you on it you're on your own Airmed."

I looked at her long and hard. "But i." She stopped me.

"Airs this is your chance to start your own life and be your person. I know we only know each other for a short time and everything, but you are the sweetest most caring person I know." She placed her gloved lace hand on me. "You will find your place in this world, and maybe one day you'll find your other half."

Tears pricked at the corners of my eye. "Okay." I ended up just mouthing out the word with no sound.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

We made it to what looked like HA Emily parked the car in front of the gates

We made it to what looked like HA Emily parked the car in front of the gates... I looked around and started to freak out. Was Emily going to betray me?

"Okay, my friends said there is a chopper in the back. We just got to get you past it." That's when her phone went off.

"Are you here I'm inside ready and waiting." It sounded like Michelle.

"Yeah, we are outside the gates."

"Alright, I'll cut all the lights."

After that, every single light, from the computer desk to light fixtures all blacked out. Emily looked at me and smiled. "Time to dance Airi." She unblocked and jumped out of the car and I followed. She grabbed my hand and she took off with me trying to keep up with her.

As we ran I saw guards trying to turn on their flashlights, and people coming out of the building.

We mostly blended right in until some of the other quirk users had some light coming from them. They saw us but weren't sure if we were part of the group.