chapter 14 : Coffee

. Today is the 5th of October , the eve and ' autumn edition ' and for tomorrow it is for winter . I was sitting among the other designers , admiring our oeuvres - when the show was over , an 'after-party ' was arranged by the organisers in honour of the fashion-creators and the sweat of their brows they had put in their designs . Fay , the boys and I were chattering while sipping a glass of cocktail , and suddenly Yin Lin was shouting out loud , " Hey princess ! Great job ! My lady's works are marvellous !" and gave me side hug , when he joined us  . Everyone was looking at me with their jaws dropped !

~ Why does he need to embarrass us ! What is wrong with him ! Such a glue-stick .

. I gave him a ' I will kill you ' face and went on with the conversation , ignoring Fay's smug smirk and the boys' grins - Ugh! Now , they will have the false idea ! When it was finally the time to go , we all exited the building but Yin Lin grabbed my wrist and said ,"Care to have a coffee with me ? " . 

. The next thing I knew is that I was in his car , while he drove us to a coffee shop . I told Fay that Yin Lin was taking me somewhere and without hesitating , she took my car keys and departed like flash , leaving me with Mr. arrogant . 

~ Why did you even agree at first ? You could have say no and we would be home , on the coach and watching a movie by now ! 

~ I don't even know . I just agreed like that without thinking about it .

~ And you dare accused me of betraying you when you are clearly the one who-

~ Hey ! I'm not and it's just a coffee ! That's all ! It won't change anything . 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{ A Few Minutes Later }

. We entered a vintage christmas-looking cafe which was as snug as a bug in a rug ! We sat in a corner , far apart from everyone's gaze . " So , what would this lovely couple want ?" the waitress said -" Two frappuccino please ! " ordered Yin Lin casually , while I was feeling awkward and shy.

- " So , why did you bring me here for ? " I asked . " To have a coffee and talk ! " he replied smiling - " Talk ? " I exclaimed , giving him a ' are you serious face ' . " What ! Don't look at me like that ! I just want to talk and have fun with you -Just the two of us ! You are an awesome woman ! Plus , I want to get to know you ," he declared .

~ Wow ! He brought you here just to get to know you better ! Awe , how sweet of him !

~ Hehe , true ! As friend of course -  A friendly little ' coffee-brunch ' , just to enlighten this friendship through communications . That's how it works !

~ Uh-huh , yeah ! Right ! 

. I looked at him in the eyes and soon gave up over his seriousness  ! I'm sure he will not leave me alone if I do not speak and hence , we talked for hours drinking the delicious home-made frappuccino . " This coffee is art ! The best I've ever tasted ! " I cried out like a little child . " Then , you should definitely try the christmas one - way more better ! If you want ,we can come in December for it , what do you say ? " 

- " YES PLEASE ! Pinky-promise? " I said . " Pinky-promise! " he responded , touching my finger . I still felt the same sensations like the previous time - I flushed a little and to my astonishment , his cheeks was reddening a bit . When we were done , he proposed to drop me home but I did not want him to know where I live , just in case , he will start showing up every week . Thus , I suggested him to depose me at the nearby supermarket as apparently ,'  I need to do some grocery shopping ' and he believed me . In fact , Fay will come to pick me up there secretly , soon after he left for his house .  

- " Thanks again for the coffee ! It was quite an enjoyable chat , " I told him . " Welcome ! Anytime! " .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- " SO ! How was your date girl ? Care to share ! "

- " Oh please ! It was just a sort of ' coffee-time ' with a friend and we talked - He wanted to know me better . "

- " HMM! Really ! "

- " Don't you dare ! Wipe that bloody grin off your face ! We are just F-R-I-E-N-D-S and you know I'm not interested in having a boyfriend ! "

. With that  , Fay did not insist on this matter and continued giving me an eye-to-eye smile . 

---------------------------------------------------------------