Chapter 39 - When Celie Drinks

Word count: 4745

"So we have to warn you guys what's going to happen tonight," Harper said from the backseat where she sat with Eden who had a dozing Celie in his lap. "Cel...uh...how do I put this? Gets a little feisty when she drinks too much, and since she'll be in pain and there's going to be lots of booze, I gotta think she's going to be wasted most of the night."

"She doesn't get drunk often," Matt chuckled from the driver seat. "But when she does, it's usually pretty hilarious."

"How feisty?" Porter asked, turning around to grin at Harper.

"Very," Harper laughed. "She gets really ballsy and has no filter."

"She kicked a dude in the nuts last time we went out clubbing because he made his girlfriend cry," Matt said.

"Earlier that same night, she told a girl not to wear gold lame anymore because everyone could see the cellulite on her ass," Harper said. "Then she puts her finger to her lips and whispers in the loudest voice ever, 'Shhhhh! Don't tell your girlfriends I told you, they want to keep it a secret, so they'll look better than you'."

"She totally needed to know that," Celie mumbled. "I did her a favor by telling her."

Porter laughed out loud hearing that.

"And since Tosh will be there tonight..." Harper drifted off.

"Oh my goddess!" Porter was practically giggling. "This is going to be the most fun night of my life!"

"Who's Tosh?" Eden asked.

"My third older sister," Porter said. "Celie is her sidekick, and they're hilarious."

"You've seen how Porter and Cel are together," Harper said, glancing at Eden with a smile. "Imagine a third one."

"Tosha is the loud, crazy one of us," Porter said.

Matt just sighed.

"Half of the times Tosha came out with us I thought for sure we were going to go to jail before the night was over," Matt said shaking his head with a smile.

"This will..." Harper started but Porter's phone rang.

"It's Dad, give me a sec," Porter said, bringing the phone to his ear. "Hey Dad...Yeah, sure, I'll put you on speaker."

Porter pressed the speaker button and held the phone out.

"You're on speaker now, Dad, go ahead," Porter said.

"We have a little bit of a situation here," Alpha Alexander started. "An elder showed up here a little while ago, and I'm not sure how we should approach this."

"What?" Harper said, alarmed. "Why would an elder show up?"

"You're not the only new pack member we have being initiated tonight," Luna Penny said. "The council contacted us a couple of weeks ago and asked if we'd take in a girl who'd been a ward of the council pack for the past four years. She was an orphan rogue who wandered onto the council lands severely injured, running from other rogues. She didn't realize she had run onto the council lands, but the rogues chasing her knew and wouldn't cross into council territory."

"Normally crossing into council territory would be a death sentence to any rogue, you know how well guarded the council pack is," Alpha Alexander continued. "But they saw she was only a juvenile female, and realized she was running for her life, so they took her to the infirmary. She was in terrible shape, covered in wounds and scars, she actually ended up being in a coma for weeks."