Chapter 37 - Mood Swings

Word Count: 4355

"Hey Cel!" Harper shouted up from the side of the aquarium where Eden, Porter, Jenny, and Celie were all in the water taking turns holding Levi. "It's almost ten o'clock, everyone should be here soon."

"Ok, thanks!" Celie shouted back from where she stood in the water on a ledge.

"We gotta go get ready, we have guests coming at ten, you need to get ready too, Sweetie." Celie turned to Jenny. "They are going to want to ask you questions about your friend Cole."

Jenny's eyes widened a look of fear entered her eyes. 

"It's going to be ok, Jenny," Eden told her. "They mean you no harm, we just need to know about him, we will explain many things to you today."

"We're going to be here with you, Jen," Porter said.

After everyone was dressed, they led Jenny into the rec room where a whole crowd of people waited.  Harper, Matt, and all of the sirens except Sana were present, plus Luna Diana, Alpha Michael, Reese, Adam, Callum, and Alpha Lucas.  They'd brought chairs into the room from the dining room so everyone would have a place to sit, though there were a couple of empty spots in the center of the couch for Eden, Celie, and Jenny. Faru ran to Celie the moment she sat down and climbed in her lap, and Eden casually looped his arm around her shoulders.

"Let us introduce our new guests," Matt said, then started gesturing toward the new comers.  He introduced the elders first, then the warriors one by one.  The warriors were all close to Matt's size, at least 6'4, with broad muscular bodies, many were marked with scars from their battles with tritons.

"This is Eva." An incredibly tall, handsome woman with long white hair nodded her head.  She looked like a very old version of Ara, and Celie wondered if they were related.

"This is Charo, her mate." His hair was also white, and his face deeply lined, but his body was still strong and proud.

"This is Daven." He had short black hair and blue eyes.

"This is Mica." He was blonde with grey eyes.

"This is Neval." He was blonde with blue eyes.

"This is Silva." He had brown hair and green eyes.

"This is Tene." He had brown hair and brown eyes.

"This is Benis." He had sandy hair and green eyes.

"And this is Winter." He had white blonde hair, and startling blue eyes.

"Everyone, this is Jenny, she is Levi's mother, and is the one familiar with the triton we have been discussing." Matt said, then motioned to Eva, who smiled kindly at Jenny.

"Hello Jenny," Eva said in a soft melodic voice that seemed to put Jenny instantly at ease. "I am very happy to meet you, I have heard many things about you.  You were very brave to bring your child here for help, we are impressed with your courage."

Jenny smiled and sat up a little straighter at the praise.

"We think we need to explain a little about our kind, and about the man you know as Cole," Charo said. "Jenny, I know to you he seems like a nice man, one you care about and love. But he is not, his kind are very dangerous beings, you are lucky to be alive after encountering one."

Jenny's face was one of denial, and she even shook her head a little, but she didn't say anything.

"I know it seems strange to you," Eva said gently. "But we are similar creatures to your friend, but the difference between us is that our kind have a civilization, laws, and rules we live by. We can also change our bodies to human bodies at any time for as long as we wish, we can even live on land as long as we want.  Your friend Matt here, has lived on land most of his life, and plans to remain on land to be with his wife."