Dream X Ink #18

One moment please....
.....

7.5/10

A single word I have for this ship ✨R e s p e c t✨

Right, so in case anyone wants to know...this is one of my OTPs UvU
Legit, my heart swells whenever I see fanart for Drink. (Screw it, I'll call this ship Spectrum-) And out of anyone the most, I'd choose to pair Ink with Dream because I genuinely think they have potential and are adorable af.

Okay. I know they're canonly no longer friends, and that fact alone makes me honestly sad. And because I know that, that's why I choose to go and do the opposite in spite. (No offense Juku, I love you but I can't help it)
Seriously, I really love these two. Come to think of it....for me the dynamic works the same way about how I feel about Error X Blue. And that doesn't sound all too reassuring, does it? But hey, why don't I highlight the pros and cons now? Right, let's go folks!

They can be brotherly, besties, or romantically interested. Either way, it's cool with me. However I lean towards them being in a relationship....I don't know, I really don't but I get ticked if Dream's dating someone in particular and there's Ink to the side and-

I go like this:
_^_

Turns out I like Spectrum more than I give myself credit for.

SO.
There's plenty of reasons to believe this ship might be plausible, at least 50-50. It makes sense for Dream if he were to develop a crush on Ink, while most could find him annoying, I see him having admiration for him and respect. In a way he looks up to him (before he finds out about his soul), and is why he would slowly have other feelings. This sounds like the typical process that most people with crushes go through, and unlike most, Dream's not the type to be obsessive so this would be healthy so it doesn't seem like it's him overly idolizing Ink.

Because I mean, Dream's a innocent bean. He ain't like that. Although this could tie into his insecurities that he might, thus he moreover shy about how to approach how he feels since we can assume from things in the past, many possibly mistook what love really is. Which might be another reason he feels as comfortable as he is around Ink. Because without a soul, he can feel safer that he won't take advantage of his aura. Which leads up to that subject....
Yes, I would agree he'd break ties with him once he were to find out. But, it'd only be temporary since Dream would know things would get toxic if he held onto their friendship during that point. Although sometime later he and Ink would reconcile once Dream is ready to reach out and do what he can to help him, since he is meant to be understanding and compassionate. And say if he did love him, this would further motivate him to stick around.
At this point depending on the timeline, he's grown more mature away from their contact and is wiser with his choices. Because before he and Ink are basically premature, which makes them not as ready for anything serious. As I've said, there's a chance if they stayed together, things would've gotten bad. But, because Dream's the way he is, he wouldn't give up on Ink entirely.

And if Ink were to see his dedication, he'd be confused and somewhat touched. Because yes, he'll probably never have "real" emotions, but he isn't all careless and heartless. Unlike him and Error, their relationship is more stable, and because it is that gives him more of a reason to try and make things work. I'm positive Ink really wishes he can feel like everyone else, and because he can't is probably killing him inside. But if Dream were around, his support could help him a lot. Which is strongly why I'd support these two. I admit, their antics might not appeal to most people since apparently it would be "too fluffy", but I say; why not?

I'm all for a casual and heartfelt romance, like here's a few examples;
Ink making insensitive comments and Dream gets annoyed and lightly calls him out for it, or Ink teases him and we get comedic banter, them chilling out and complementing another, getting comfortable and don't shy away from cuddles-You've got some ideas to use here, and I personally like them.

And the thought of them getting intimate sounds okay to me, because since they mentally have similar ages and characteristics it doesn't feel as uncomfortable. And out of anyone Ink would trust as does Dream, it's each other. Because Ink's asexual and Dream most definitely doesn't have sexual experience, I see them both being the most at ease if it were the other. It just makes plain sense, not that I say go ahead and do that Willy nilly because stuff like that takes time, but it'd feel earned later on.

All in all, I love Spectrum. And yep, you can fight me on that. I will go down with this ship!

On that note, phew! This part took longer than I'd like, but it was worth it. As always, whether you disliked or enjoyed this review, hope you learned something new! And do tell if you happen to become interested in ships I review and like, because that be absolutely awesome to see you grow new opinions for pairings from what I written.

And again, please respect certain ships if you can. Not necessarily because you have to, but to be polite to those who like them. I'm open on not liking some, but I completely don't mind those people. I understand their opinions and am accepting of them, and I expect you all to do the same. Because being immature about it doesn't get you anywhere.

Anyways, go ahead and request a ship if you want!