Geno X Reaper #11

Oh boy, here we go....
You'd think because I ship Destructivedeath would mean I love this ship just as much right?

Uh.....
6.5/10
.....
I'll explain.

Sooooo.....I in fact think this ship is cute, in some aspects.
I can see some emotional depth to it depending how it's portrayed, but I absolutely get annoyed by how often it is. And to be specific, the whole "tsundere Geno/flirty Reaper" scenario is the thing that gets on my nerves. Now, before I would've probably shipped it like crazy, but I've overgrown that trope.
Sure it's endearing and makes you want to ship it hard because of Geno being in denial and shit, but can we stop and take a moment to stop treating him as a typical high school, tsundere, girl?

And yes, I'm aware half the time he's the mother of Goth, and I'm not against that-I'm just saying.
A lot of people seem to forget their characterizations....it makes more sense of Geno to be resentful of Reaper, and I wouldn't lie that's what Reaper would find intriguing about him considering that and he's a mortal who won't die. And since he's death, it's kinda his job to-ya know.

And to bring this into attention, I think a lot of elements in this ship are rather toxic because of this reason(s). For one, a masochist and a sadist as a pare? Perfect right? Uh, no. For them they might be okay with it, but in truth it really doesn't do anything good for their health, mainly Geno's. Because the poor guy needs to love himself-not just a alternate version of him thank you. And death out of all people....really?

Now someone might jump in and point out Destructivedeath is just another version of AfterDeath, but that's exactly why I ship it. (Not completely, if you look on some parts of this book you'll see a few reasons I like it) Think about it, if Reaper were to loose Geno, he'd realize how much he really meant to him and be sorry for all the shenanigans he pulled. Then most likely be more sincere and willing to appreciate more on the things he has, so say he met Error, he wouldn't fool around twice.

So he'd be more reserved and respectful of how he acts, and learn to accept new things into his "life". Now as for the softer side of AfterDeath I DO like, is the chances of Geno being lonely/trapped and Reaper comes in to be a genuinely nice person, hence keep him comfortable/company. Setup; Geno would be a tad shy in a healthy way and still somewhat tsundere-ish but doesn't overdo it, and Reaper isn't so pushy and annoying. Thus the ship being sailed will feel more well awaited and rewarded.
This example is one I respect and I'll openly ship, but I still wouldn't call this my OTP.

But my gay heart would definitely like to squeal about it, haha.....

See ya on the next ship!
(And don't forget-!! I DO do regular Undertale ships outside of Sanscest!)

Edit: Oh yeah! I was going to mention Reapertale! Toriel as well but thought against it since I'll mention some examples on that from a Soriel part I have in mind that I'll review.