Sans X Toriel #12

Hmmmmm, let me think for a moment

....

Weeeeellll.....

Eh, 6-6.510

Meh, I personally don't like it remotely, but it would be a lie and frankly pretty far from me saying I even dislike it. It's....okay? I see these two (and most evident they are) friends, nothing more. But I have nothing against it.
Though I guess I can say I think it's....cute, charming, light hearted? Now normally shipping older couples isn't really my thing, but I wouldn't mind these two being together. In fact, if they were real people, I'd be pretty happy for them. Because I assume Sans is at least legal of age to date/marry Toriel, and since Toriel gets enough whiplash as it is nowadays, I'd like these two help each other out in different ways.

But, well. The only thing I should really point out is; Undertale (fandom) either has very unlikely ships to happen or just very random ships in general. This would mark as unlikely from 5-10, so 50 50 chances of it being canon. Not just because of that fact, but for anyone else outside the fandom who sees this ship, they'd think the same thing I'm about to state here;
They're just acquaintances who told jokes to each other through a door with a small bond.

Because, let's be honest here. And uh, logical? It would make more sense for them to be just friends at most because one; Toriel is like (probably) over 50+ years old if anything, maybe even a hundred. Because if you think about it, the odds of only seven (8 if you count Chara) children falling down Mt. Ebett (I forgot how to spell :p) despite the warnings not to go near it and its evident a lot of people heeded it, individually they'd have to fall down either around the same at or in the span of many years.
And considering monsters practically had to rebuild everything they lost then move again, that would take a hella long time. And since a Toriel and Asgore have been king and queen since the war, and have a child who's probably 10-13 when he died, then have seven more humans fall down, that could imply they're practically ancient (no offense).

And maybe Sans could be just as old for all we know, but I think it'd seem more realistic if he was born sometime after the war and the Asriel and Chara incident. Because I don't know, he just gives off that vibe he lives in the current generation the game takes place in rather than the one Toriel was in.
Now, sorry for the rambling, but back to my earlier point when I said Sans is (hopefully) legal age to have a relationship with Toriel, it'd still, in my opinion be a bit uncomfy.

Because like, have you ever seen those few couples where one guy is in his 20-30s and is with a woman over 50 years old? Makes you squeamish, right? Yeah, same deal with this ship if you think about it too hard.

Ah man, if you thought Frans was the only pedophilia ship....
Yeah, um, no offense to you Soriel shippers (you guys can go ahead and ship this! It's up to you!) but seeing the things I brought up, it may as well be well supported as the same deal 😕

Except Frisk doesn't have a age bucko. Soooooo....

Anyway, I got to the main thing I think I should've addressed first (since this is a rating on ships book and I'll constantly compare ships to another) now I'll just talk about one other thing-
Toriel was married, had children who died, split up from her husband, lived in isolation for years, aaaaand well...

I think you can guess why those issues might be problematic if she formed a romantic relationship with anyone, especially Sans. Cuz I mean, c'mon, they only barely knew each other. Not even their names at first and just told jokes to each (and possibly other things but it's up to you how you dive into it) through a door. And if I'll speak my thoughts out here, I see Toriel as a mother figure to everyone. Yes, even Sans. Sans is the dunkle sure, but mama Tori is for the win for those who forgot that.

(And yes, I will make a part in Toriel's defense for her now well known mistakes she made)

That's really all I have to say about this ship, nothing against it, but I wouldn't fully support it either so eh.

Welp, onto the next ship!

Edit:
Ah shoot! I forgot to mention Reapertale Soriel! That version of the ship I actually love! Well, not love, love, like a lot as I do for ships like Erreath (that's my new ship name for Destructivedeath <3), but I highly respect it and will get ticked when people push away the fact those two had an actual connection to each other.
(And before anyone jumps on my case, that will be included/mentioned then later mentioned in my Erreath book) So whenever I see "Reapertale reacts" videos and Geno is there as well as Toriel, and they make her overly jealous and do something stupid, I get legit triggered. Because bruh, she's supposed to be one of the kindest gods in Reapertale and it's obvious and kinda the whole story/beginning of the AU itself that it centers around her relationship with Reaper.

Because that exactly the setup, her disappearance leaves a heavy impact on the story to push the plot forward, and makes sense why she-Life, the Yang to Death-Yin, would have a deep bond with him. And it honestly hurts me to see how people butchered this beautiful relationship and the characters. Especially Reaper, who is in fact, a flirt, but not overly flirty.

And man, I could go on, and on, and on....why he in particular whenever he's shipped with someone (especially Geno) how much he is changed depending on the narrative. I just wish it wasn't repetitive and at least paid tribute to the actual story, or was at most satisfying and original to see. Or heck, experiment with his role as death itself and his insecurities idk. Like, does any know where I can get a link to a fanfic/comic where he's the shy/submissive one? Oh wait, that's what I'm going to do-

Ahem, so anyways, yeah. I ship Reapertale Soriel, though, will admit that one is also complicated but that'll be a review for another day.