Epilogue

"Da-ddy!! "Sigaw ng isang batang babae kay Jace habang pilit nitong isinisiksik ang kanyang maliit na katawan sa braso ng ama. She went beside her dad, kissed him on the cheeks, and started jumping up and down the bed.

"Mm? Era, baby. Why did you wake up this early?" Kahit pipikit pikit ang mata ay pilit n'yang iminumulat ito at tumingin sa maliit na alarm clock na nakapatong sa kanyang lamesa. 'It's just five in the morning...'

Kahit nakahiga ay nilingon nito ang paligid ng kwarto at dumungaw sa labas ng bintana na katabi lang ng kanyang kama. Ang puting kurtina ay ihinangin ng malakas kaya natakpan nito nang bahagya ang gwapong mukha ng lalaki. He woke up to the sound of the waves.

'Hey, wake up sleepy head. We need to see the sunrise.' 

Jace heard these words, so he slowly turned to look at her beautiful wife. He stared at her for seconds and genuinely smiled at her woman. Gandang-ganda padin ito kay Regina kahit pa araw-araw niya itong nakikita.

"And why are you wearing your wedding dress?" Tanong ni Jace sa asawa habang nakahagkan ito sa kanyang bewang ng mahigpit.

'I just want to,' she answered, and gave him a sweet smile.

Tuluyang tumayo si Jace at kinuha ang kanyang cellphone na nakapatong sa lamesa. Once again, he played Regina's favorite song. Iniabot nito ang kanyang kamay at muling lumapit. He wanted to dance with her. Isang ngiti naman ang isinukli ni Regina at hinawakan ang kamay ng lalaki. 

They started to dance like a wave on the ocean.

🎶'I love to see the ocean's beauty...'

"Remember when we first met here in Palawan? I will never forget how beautiful you are, even when you're crying." Jace held her beautiful face and leaned closer.

🎶'And the moon that shines above...'

"I can still remember the first time we kissed. I can taste the rest of my life on your lips. Neither of us knew that, that kiss could bind two souls in a second." He kissed her forehead and once again looked straight into her eyes.

🎶'Alone in the sand looking at the stars...'

"From the moment we started talking, I knew I wanted you around."

🎶'Wishing someday I will find true love...'

"I don't care how we met. I'm just happy that we found each other."

🎶Would it be nice to see the morning?
With the one you love the most...'

"I can't help but smile whenever I wake up and see you lying next to me. I knew it would be a good day simply because it started with you." Nagpakawala ang lalaki nang isang mahinang tawa kahit ang mga mata nito' y namumuo ang mga luha.

🎶'Would it be nice to say goodnight?
To the one you hold so close...'

"I will never get tired of listening to your old jokes and stories that couldn't be completed without action. I could talk to you for hours and never get tired of hearing your voice or your laugh. I would never be tired of seeing your smile. Our movie marathons... those late night talks... "

🎶'To your heart, to your heart...'

"Oh, God. God knows how much I love you and I will never get tired of loving you. Even if I could choose again, I would still choose you all over. I miss you... and thank you for giving me a wonderful daughter. "

Tuluyang pumatak ang mga luha ni Jace nang maramdaman nito ang isang yakap sa kanyang paanan. Era's small arms were wrapped in his feet, so he leaned and bent over to give her daughter a hug. Her small hands were on his face, trying to wipe his dad's tears.

"Mo-mmy," Era uttered in her small, cute voice as she pointed her little index finger outside the window. Maging si Jace ay napatingin sa bintana at napansin na muli ay lumakas ang ihip ng hangin.

'The sun is about to rise,' he said in his mind.

Tumayo ito at hinawakan ang kamay ni Era palabas ng kanilang rest house. They chose this spot in Palawan because it is where Era's parents first met. Isa pa ay tahimik ang lugar at hampas lamang ng alon ang maririnig. The little girl excitedly played with the sand while Jace sat down on the bench along the shore, facing the sea. 

Waiting for the sun to rise, he closed his eyes to escape time.

A day after Elia Regina Alejandra was born, Regina experienced heavy bleeding. Her doctor said that her uterus didn't contract enough after the delivery. Another reason is she was diagnosed to have severe anemia that increased the risk that caused her to have postpartum hemorrhage.

That morning was too painful for them, nakita nalang ni Jace ang fiancée na nakapikit na tila ba natutulog lang, habang sa tabi nito ay si Era na nakadikit sa kanya. It was too late for them to bring her to the hospital.

Sa araw ng libing ng nobya ay inabot ni Justin ang isang notebook. It was a familiar journal that he used to sign during the signing event for their fans.

"Hyung, I'm so sorry for what happened to noona. I know that this isn't easy for you. But please, stay strong. You need to be strong for Era," sabi ni Justin bago tuluyang maiabot sa kapatid ang gamit.

Pagkabuklat nito ay isa-isa niyang tinignan ang bawat pahina. Regina's late sister collected all his information and put it in a notebook journal. Ilang pahina pa ang kanyang binasa tsaka nito napansin ang nakasulat sa kalagitnaan ng mga papel. It was a handwritten letter by her Fiancée. 

As he breathed a sigh, Jace opened his teary eyes as he recalled the first day she met her... until the day of her funeral. 

Nagpakawala ito ng isang malalim na hininga bago iniangat ang tingin sa kalangitan, remembering Regina's third death anniversary.

"I know that what happened earlier was only made up of my imagination, things I wished should've happened, but things I knew wouldn't happen." 

As he stood up, he wiped his tears and gazed at his daughter, who was happily playing with the sand and it reminded him of Regina, who once told him how she loves to see how the sun rises. He smiled and called Era, who immediately ran towards him with open arms.

As the wind blows, Jace carried her daughter close to him and watched the beauty of the sunrise.

'If only destiny was kinder, then it wouldn't be this painful.'