The Letter

Jace,

My heart aches in sadness, and secret tears flow while writing this letter. After I found out about my pregnancy, I was diagnosed with severe anemia. I was told to take a rest and drink my medicine, which I did. But unfortunately, it didn't work on me.

If this letter was passed on to you, then I might be gone now.

But that's okay, because I have prepared everything for Era, the things that our daughter would need as she grows up, especially her follow up check-ups and vaccines. Her documents are all prepared in case you would need it for processing her papers and also, I have left an album that records my pregnancy journey. Please have Era see it. I wanted her to know how much I took care of her while she was still inside my womb until the day I last held her. Tell our daughter that I'm always looking after her. Tell her that mommy loves her so much and tell her I'm so sorry because I couldn't be there for her.

Jace, I love you so much that if given a chance in the afterlife to turn back time and change it, I wouldn't. I would still choose our story. I'd still choose you. Because in that span of time, even though I felt pain, I also felt genuine happiness. Or maybe I would only try to find you a little earlier so that I could get to spend a little more time with you.

Maybe our fates were written the moment our eyes met. But I can't control the universe, so I'll wait for you in heaven instead, 'till our not so perfect story will be written again.

Love,
Regina