𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Thanks to Stiles' speeding, we make it to the hospital quickly and I climb out the Jeep first, slamming the door shut.

"Watch the Jeep!" Stiles scolds me.

"I swear to God, Stiles, if you tell me what to do one more time I will castrate you" I retort and he rolls his eyes, causing me to punch him "And don't roll your eyes at me, Stilinski"

We rush into the hospital and I see my mom at the reception, looking through a file.

"Momma!" I call out and she smiles, turning to us.

"Mummy's girl" Stiles mutters.

"Daddy's boy" I retort, elbowing hun.

"Enough, you two" My mom scolds us and we both glare at each other before looking at her "Over here. And if you tell anyone that I showed you this, I swear to God, I will kill you painfully and slowly"

like mother like daughter

"Why do you want to show us a body we've already seen?" Stiles asks.

"Because you haven't seen everything" She states.

Stiles and I share a look of concern before following my mother into the morgue. She pulls on some latex gloves and pulls down the sheet covering the victim's face. I grimace in disgust, my stomach twisting and making me feel sick. Stiles notices my pale face and hesitantly reaches down to grab my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. I'm taken aback by his actions and my eyes widen, but he looks straight at the body.

"See this around his neck?" My mom asks, pointing to a bruise "That's a ligature mark. That means that he was strangled with something, like cord, or rope"

"Ah, okay, wait a second" Stiles speaks up "What kind of werewolf strangles someone? You know, that's not very werewolfy"

"My thoughts exactly" My mom nods "And then there's this"

She turns the victim's head to the left and I gag when I see the hole in his head, letting go of Stiles' hand to cover my mouth. They both look at me in concern but I wave them off, taking a deep breath.

"God, man, what is that? Is that brain matter? Yeah, it's brain matter, of course" Stiles mumbles, almost to himself.

"See the indentation? He was hit in the back of the head, hard enough to kill him" My mom explains and I turn my head, looking at her in disbelief "In fact, any one of these things could have killed him. I mean, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead"

"Wait, so that means this couldn't have been Boyd or Cora" I declare, perking up "They wouldn't have done all this"

"So maybe this is just one murder. I mean, maybe it's just a random coincidence" Stiles suggests.

"I don't think it was just one" My mom replies.

"How not?" I ask curiously.

"Because that girl over there" She answers, nodding to the body on the table behind us "She's got the exact same injuries"