𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

My eyes flutter open and my head aches slightly, causing me to groan in pain. I turn away from the light streaming in through the window, only to find that the other half of my bed is occupied by a sleeping werewolf.

"Aiden?" I mumble out in confusion, rubbing my eye sleepily.

He peels his eyes open and yawns, his eyes scanning over my form before he pulls me into his arms.

"You're okay" He smiles, sounding relieved.

"Just a little achey" I murmur, laying my head on his chest.

"You gave me a scare, gorgeous" He tells me, running his fingers through my hair.

"Oops" I smile softly and he smiles back, tugging my hair playfully.

"I feel like I haven't seen you properly in ages" Aiden states and guilt creeps into my chest.

"I'm sorry. My mind has been all over the place lately" I admit.

"I think we need to talk" He says vaguely.

"Arent we already talking?" I joke.

"Natalia" He sighs, looking up at the ceiling.

"I know. I'm sorry" I breathe out "We probably should talk"

"There's something I have to tell you" He declares.

"What is it?" I question curiously.

"I know that we haven't known each other for all that long and you might think I'm crazy, but..." He drawls off and I look up at him to see him staring at me with adoration swimming in his eyes "I love you, Natalia"

"Aiden, I-" He cuts me off with a shake of his head.

"No, you don't have to say anything. You don't love me back, and that's okay, I completely understand that" He assures me firmly and I tear up as I sit up to kiss him softly.

He kisses me deeply and I cling onto him, knowing that this is a goodbye. Our lips part and I look at him through teary eyes, his palm gently cupping my jaw as he strokes my cheek with his thumb.

"I wish I could love you the way that you deserve to be loved" I tell him sadly.

"Hey, I'm not the one for you, but that doesn't mean you should feel bad. Maybe I should have met you sooner" He chuckles weakly.

"What do you mean by sooner?" I frown in confusion.

"I mean, before you met Stiles again" He explains.

"What's Stiles got to do with it?" I ask, my brows furrowing.

"Come on, Natalia. I've seen the way you look at him. There's no use denying something that everyone can see" He tilts his head slightly with a knowing smile.

"I'm sorry, Aiden" I apologise guiltily, confirming his suspicions.

"Don't be. It's not your fault" He sighs in defeat.