Chapter 8: Helping Her Out.

After walking her inside, Ken explained how he found Sonata and how she needed help.

After agreeing to help her, Vanilla and Cream took her to their tent to get her dried off and some new clothes.

"Washed up from a shipwreck. Poor dear, we'll have you feeling better in no time." Vanilla said as she used a hair dryer to dry Sonata's hair and then she brushed it.

Once she was done she went over to Sonata's 'dress' and gave it a look of disgust. Not noticing that Spike was still inside there. He gasped and hid back among the fabric when he spotted her.

"I'll just get this washed for you." She said and took the dress away to be cleaned.

Once she got to the washing tub, Vanilla began washing the dress.

"It feels so familiar that Ken falls in love with a girl who rescues him, but he doesn't remember who she is or what she looks like, the only thing he remembers is her voice. Then he comes back with a girl who can't even speak. Hmmm, Where have I heard this story before? It seems so familiar." She asked aloud as she washed the dress, oblivious to the fact that there was a dog among the folds of the fabric.

Spike was then dunked into a huge bucket of water with soap. He was then dragged against a wash board under the water. Then when he was brought back up again and burped out some soap bubbles.

Once she was done she hung up the fabric to dry and continued to wonder out loud.

"I believe it is from a movie that was produced by a studio who had a mouse as their mascot. I think. Oh well I'm sure it's just nothing." She said and went back to her daughter to help Sonata out.

As she was walking away Spike fell down from the fabric soaking wet and coughing.

"That's the last time I hid in someone's tattered dress. At least it couldn't have been worse. I mean at least I didn't end up almost being dinner and being chased by an angry French chef." He said before walking away to find Twilight.

Meanwhile at the campsite Ken and the others were sitting around a picnic table, setting it for dinner.

"Ken be reasonable, girls don't just go around rescuing people in the middle of the ocean and then just disappear into thin air I mean.." Tails said as he laid some napkins down.

Ken then interrupted him "I'm telling you Tails she was real. I'm going to find that girl, and I'm going to marry her." He said setting down some plastic forks and knives

Just then they all heard Vanilla laughing. "Come on, miss, don't be shy." Cream said as she led Sonata to the others. "It's alright dear." Vanilla said, encouraging her to join the rest for dinner.

Khan's mouth gaped when he saw Sonata in her new look.

Sonata smiled nervously as she walked up. She had her hair in her usual ponytail but she was wearing a navy blue knee length skirt, a light blue and white striped shirt with short sleeves, a light blue ascot, and navy sandals.

"Oh Khan, isn't she just a vision?" Manic said as Sonata continued to walk up to them.

Ken couldn't help but stare at her in awe before smiling. "You look wonderful." He said looking at Sonata.

Sonata smiled and blushed lightly before nodding thank you to Khan.

Soon Silver came behind her. "Come come you must be famished my dear. Let me help you." He said, leading Sonata to the picnic table.

Ken continued to stare at her with a smile as Silver led her to the table.

"Please sit." Sonia said as Sonata sat down at the table.

"It's not often we have such a lovely dinner guest. Huh Khan?" Knuckles asked as everyone else sat down.

Sonata then saw the plastic fork on the table. She grabbed in and held it up to look at it. She smiled and then began combing her hair with it.

But Ken looked at her confused and so did everyone else.

Sonata stopped for a brief moment and then she quickly put the fork back down on the table in embarrassment.

Then she saw Rouge drinking some coke out of a cup with a plastic straw and she was immediately intrigued.

Rouge noticed this and handed the cup to her. "Oh, do you want some? I hope you like..." She said, but she was interrupted when Sonata blew through the straw so hard that the soda ended up splashing all over Rouge's face.

Rouge had a stoic expression as the coke dripped from her face and everyone else, but Knuckles, laughed at it.

Ken was laughing as well before clearing his throat and getting an apologetic look on his face.

"Um, so sorry Rouge." Ken said, looking at her.

"Why Khan, that's the first time I've seen you smile in weeks." Vanilla said as she looked at Ken with a smile.

Sonata looked ashamed for a minute before smiling at the fact that she made Kenhappy for the first time in a while.

"Huh, very amusing. So what's for dinner everyone?" Rouge said as she wiped her face with a napkin.

"Huh, my favorite obviously. CHILI DOGS!"

Sonic said as he ran away for a second and brought back a huge plate of Chili dogs.

As everyone got ready to eat, Ken just kept staring at Sonata because of how beautiful she looked.

Espio noticed this and spoke up. "You know Khan. Perhaps our guest might enjoy exploring parts of this area tomorrow. Perhaps something in the way of an activity for you two?" He said.

Ken just kept staring at Sonata before looking at Espio. "Oh I'm sorry Espio did you say something?" He asked dreamily.

Shadow then got up in his face. "You can't spend all your time looking. You need to do something, get out, have a life, get your mind off of ...." Shadow said angrily.

"Easy Shadow easy. That's not a bad idea. If she's interested. Well what do you say you want to explore this area with me tomorrow?" Ken said, calming Shadow down before turning to Sonata to ask if she wants to go exploring with him tomorrow.

Sonata smiled and shook her yes, vigorously.

Sonic smiled "Wonderful. Now let's eat." He said and everyone started to eat their chili dogs.

They all ate and when they were done. Ken escorted Sonata to a tent for her to sleep in.