Chapter 9: Completely Hopeless.

A while after being escorted into her tent Sonata opened up the front flaps to stare at the stars for a moment but then when she saw Khan, her attention completely shifted to him.

She smiled as she stared dreamily at Khan, who was playing with Cheese a several yards away from her tent.

"Here boy. Come here." Ken called out to Cheese. The latter then flew towards Ken and hugged him. Ken smiled and petted him before looking to the side to see Sonata smiling as she stared at him.

Sonata jumped in surprise, but then she smiled and waved good night to him while turning around slowly and walking into her tent.

Khan, however, smiled at her as she went inside her tent.

Once inside, Sonata let her hair down and put on a long, navy blue nightgown with short sleeves.

Soon she saw Spike come into her tent.

He was still soaking wet from being washed with her dress.

"Whelp that had to be without a doubt, one of the worst baths I've ever taken." He said shaking himself dry, Sonata patted his head once he was done.

But then his fur puffed up and he looked like a cotton ball.

Sonata listened as she brushed her hair with a plastic fork that she had managed to save from the dinner table.

"I hope that you appreciate what I go through for you, young lady." He said as he shook himself again to straighten his fur out.

Sonata however, wasn't listening as she brushed her hair with a plastic fork that she had managed to save from the dinner table.

Once she was done she went to her sleeping bag and curled up to go to sleep, unaware that Spike was still talking to her.

"Now we've got to make a plan for that guy to kiss you. Tomorrow when he takes you out for that ride, you have to look your best. You gotta bat your eyes like this. You gotta pucker out your lips like this." Spike said, explaining a plan to get Ken to kiss Sonata.

Just then he saw Sonata fast asleep with a smile on her face.

Spike smiled and sighed. He then just shrugged his shoulders and then turned off the lantern she had in her tent.

He then went up to her "You are a hopeless child. You know that? Completely hopeless." He said as he lifted up one of Sonata's bangs to look at her.

He then curled up into a ball and fell asleep right next to her.

Meanwhile back in Canterlot City, Pinkie Pie was trying to call Sonata's cell phone, but it went to her voicemail every time.

Hello, this is Sonata Dusk. I'm not here as of right now so please leave a message after the beep. The voice mail said when Pinkie Pie tried to call Sonata again.

She sighed sadly as she put her phone down on her bed "Where are you?" She said quietly.

Pinkie Pie had tried all day to call Sonata but she still wasn't answering. She then got a determined look on her face. "I won't give up." She said as she picked up her phone and tried to call Sonata again.