Chapter 16: Missing.

The next morning Sonata was sleeping in her tent when Sweetie Belle came in.

"Sonata wake up! We need to talk!" She shouted at a sleeping Sonata.

Sonata woke up and rubbed her eyes before looking at Sweetie Belle in confusion.

Just then Rarity came in, "Sweetie Belle don't wake people up like that. I'm sorry darling." Rarity said, scolding her little sister before looking at Sonata and giving her an apology.

"But Rarity I just heard what Kensaid last night, he has growing feelings for a certain girl." Sweetie Belle shouted very excitedly.

Sonata looked at her with shock.

"You know what I mean sis. I just wanted to congratulate you Sonata, you've finally got you're dream man." Sweetie Belle said before leaving the tent.

Rarity giggled nervously "Again I'm so sorry about my sister barging in like this darling." She said before leaving the tent as well.

Sonata thought about what Sweetie Belle said for a moment and then smiled when she knew what she had ment.

She got out of her bed and twirled around before quickly getting dressed and fixing her hair.

She then raced out of the tent with a huge smile on her face.

But as she was running, she saw all of Khan's friends talking to two police officers, she immediately hid behind a tree to listen to their conversation.

"Are you sure you couldn't find him, Officers Melody and Octavia?" Vanilla asked.

The police woman with brown hair shook her head sadly. "Yes, we're sure. All we could find was this." Said Officer Melody, solemnly as she held up a piece of Khan's coat.

"I don't understand how he could have gone missing. I just saw him last night." Sonic said, confused.

As Sonata continued to listen, the other girls and their pets listened in shock from what they heard, deeper in the forest.

"Don't worry we'll keep searching, but you'll have to know the possibility that your friend may never be found." Officer Octavia said.

Sonata shook her head and mouthed 'no' as she heard what they were saying about the possibility that Ken Could never be found.

She then felt tears prick at her eyes as she heard the closing statement to their conversation.

"Alright. Do what you can to find him." Knuckles said sadly.

Hearing this made Sonata cry as she ran away.

Officer Melody saw Sonata running away and turned away from the group as Aria continued to talk to them.

She chuckled as she held the pendent that contained Sonata's voice.

'Perfect. With her silly little crush gone, Sonata will break her deal with me and she'll lose all of her magic that'll help us take over this world.' She thought as the seashell charm glowed bright yellow.