Chapter 18: Rescuing Ken.

Meanwhile Adagio and Aria, still as Officers Melody and Octavia, went to go and tell Sonic and the others that they couldn't find Khan.

Sonic and his friends gathered at an area near the cliffside after searching for several hours without any success.

As the officers walked up Adagio looked to her side to see an angry Cheese growling at her.

Adagio just swats him away quickly without anyone seeing before she and Aria reach Sonic and his friends.

"So did you find anything officers?" Manic asked with worry.

Adagio and Aria just shook their heads, "No, I'm sorry we did not." Adagio said solemnly.

Sonic and his friends all looked to the ground sadly.

"I can't believe that Khan's missing." Sonic said sadly.

Meanwhile with Sonata, she and Spike ran towards a cave.

"Come on Sonata I'm sure Khan's in there. We're going to find him." Spike said with determination.

Sonata however looked worried as they ran towards the cave.

Once they reached it they looked around to try and find Kenbut they couldn't see him.

Sonata looked at the ground with tears in her eyes.

"But I'm sure that he's here. My nose is never wr....." Spike said in a worried tone but he was cut off when he heard screaming.

"Let me out please!" The voice shouted.

Sonata gasped and smiled as she had recognized that voice very well, it was Khan.

She ran through the cave and listened very closely and eventually found the place where Khan's voice was the loudest.

She began looking around to see if she could find him, but didn't have any success.

Then all of a sudden she tripped over a rock and caught something that felt like a blanket and fell down.

When she got up she saw Kenin in a cage, and he looked happy to see her.

"Sonata you came. Help me out please!" He begged, shaking the bars of the cage.

Sonata nodded and got out a hair pin, she used it to unlock the cage and set Kenfree.

Ken jumped out and took her hand "Thank you." He said looking into her eyes.

Sonata smiled as she gazed into his eyes as well.

But she stopped when she remembered something, she tugged at Khan's hand and tried to get him out of the cave.

"What is it? Are my friends in trouble?" He asked in a worried tone.

Sonata shook her head and Kenthen became serious

"Well then let's go help them." He said before running out of the cave together and Spike in hot pursuit.

'I hope we're not too late.' Sonata thought as they ran across the beach, searching for Khan's friends.