Book of Demons

"Pick a card, any card!" Luz said, holding a pile of cards up for Willow and Gus to see. She was calling them on a crystal ball, doing homework with them. Eda was busy sorting through human garbage, while King was scribbling in his demon book.
Gus hummed in thought. Luz grinned. "So you picked one?" She asked. Gus nodded excitedly. Luz "shuffled" the cards, lying three face down on the table. "Now, whatever one I pick up and show you, you have to tell me if it's your card."
Gus nodded. Luz waved her hands dramatically over the cards, before picking up the middle one. "Is this your card?" She asked dramatically.
Gus gasped. "It is! How did you do that?!" He asked. Luz chuckled. "Human magic, my friend. And pure chance."
King, growing bored, climbed onto the table. "Heya, Luz. Can we-"
The alarm went off on the crystal ball, and Luz placed a hand on it. "Oh, dangit. Our break is over. We gotta go back to our school project. Sorry King. Why don't you go ask Hazel if she can draw with you?" Luz asked. King said nothing, as he hopped back off the table and on the lounge.

Eda glanced up at the small demon, who was now clutching his book to his chest. "Why don't you give the kid a chance? She's not half bad, you know." She chuckled.
King huffed in annoyance, but got up from the lounge, making his way toward Hazel's and Luz's room.

Hazel was sitting in hers and Luz's room. Tracing the familiar ice glyphs and light glyphs onto pieces of paper, she activated a light spell. The paper scrunched up, forming into light and hovering in the air.
Watching it for a moment, she let out a tired sigh. Hazel wasn't gonna lie; she was bored. She'd memorised the current glyphs she and Luz knew, but she wasn't using them for anything other than studying and accidentally burning her hands.
Hearing the door creak open, she looked up. King was peeking inside, holding a book under his arm.
"I, uh... could I hang out with you?" He asked quietly. Hazel smiled at him. "Sure, come on in." She said. The small demon hesitated, but scurried over to sit next to Hazel. The witchling set aside her glyphs. "So, whatcha got there?" She asked, pointing to King's book.
He held it up for Hazel to see. "It's my Book of Demons. I wrote it myself, see?" The small demon opened the pages, showing Hazel pictures and information about all sorts of demons. "I've been documenting people like me because, well, nobody really cares about us demons..." he looked away sadly. Placing the book back down on the bed, he began scribbling in it.
Hazel felt her heart ache. If only he knew.
The witchling gave him a soft smile. "Hey, you wanna teach me about demons as we draw together?" She asked.

King perked up at this, wagging his tail excitedly.

King was describing a demon, while Hazel tried to draw what he was describing. "It has a small body and a big head, with bat like wings and a long tail. Ooh ooh! And it has spikes running along its back!"
Hazel giggled, as she turned her drawing to King. "Is this what a Water Leaper looks like?" She asked the excited demon. He gasped, wagging his tail excitedly once again. "Yes, yes! It's perfection!" He giggled with glee, taking a closer look at the creature.
The witchling gave him the drawing, allowing him to place it in his Book of Demons.
When King was finished placing the drawing in his book, he handed it to Hazel. "Here! You can read it while I get some more paper." He said, running out of the room. Hazel chuckled as she watched him go, before opening the book.
She turned the page, where a portrait of an all too familiar demon was. The witchling stared at it for a few minutes, not realising King had returned.

"I'm back! Oh, you like that one?" He asked, surprising Hazel. He was peering over her shoulder. The witchling looked back at the page. The Basilisk stared back at her, it's mouth filled with large, pointy fangs, and it's long, scaly tail wrapping around an unfortunate witch. Its sharp claws were prepared to slice its victim.
Hazel grimaces at the sight. Of course. "Uh...I guess you could say that." She finally replied. King pointed to the page where a bit of information was written down.
""Basilisk's are serpentine demons of the Demon Realm that possess shape-shifting and magic-siphoning abilities. With serrated teeth and claws, these creatures can drain the magic from witches and demons. A skill they are universally feared for. In addition, they can transform themselves into humanoid creatures such as witches and humans as shape-shifters". Boy, aren't we glad they went extinct!" King cackled. Hazel laughed nervously along with him. "Y-yeah...extinct..." she muttered, closing the book.
They were quiet for a few minutes, until King let out a sigh. "Hazel, can I be real with you?" The witchling nodded her head, urging him to continue.
"Ever since Luz has been going to school with you, Gus and Willow, I've been missing the time we spent together. I'm jealous. And then you moved in, and I thought that you'd take Luz away. Luz is going to go home soon, and I want to as much time with her as I can before she leaves."
Hazel looked down at him sympathetically. She placed an arm around the small demon.
"But now that I've been hanging out with you, I can see that you're a really cool person. I like spending time with you." King continued, looking up at Hazel.
The witchling smiles, touched by his words. "Aw, thanks King. I think you're a great person to hang out with too. Now c'mere! Give me a hug!" Picking up the small demon, she began to cuddle him. He immediately tried pushing her away, attempting to escape her grasp and failing miserably. "Ah! No! I regret everything!" He squealed.

A/N: A Water Leaper (one of may new fav creatures) is a creature from Welsh folklore. if you search up the name it'll come up.
i also rescued a Kookaburra today. i was in the middle of eating my fricken dinner and i'm tired