ten

chapter ten: knight in shining armor, remember?

episode six: betrayed

CHLOE LOOKS DOWN AT THE paper in her hand, trying to study her scenes for her project was hard when her mind was elsewhere

CHLOE LOOKS DOWN AT THE paper in her hand, trying to study her scenes for her project was hard when her mind was elsewhere. She puts her lines down and looks around the classroom, her eyes catching Mr. Branson. He looks back at her, longingly. The two have barely spoken recently, and Chloe finds it weird she doesn't care as much as she thought she would.

She huffs and throws her paper down. "I can't focus. How am I supposed to sit here and act like I didn't just see my dad literally moving a body. A dead one." She says to Jake. "I mean why would he be moving a body?"

"Chloe—"

"I couldn't even sleep last night, I was up all night thinking about it." Chloe interrupts.

"Hey. You need to stop obsessing on that video." Jake attempts to calm her down. "If you really want to go investigate, let's just go check it out at lunch."

Chloe's heart starts beating faster and faster as she looks at him. "You'd really go with me?"

Jake reaches over and grabs her hand. "Of course. I'm here for you, always. Knight in shining armor, remember?"

Chloe smiles at him before looking back down at her lines, trying to focus back on school. The classroom was quiet until the backdoor creaked open. Everyone turns around and sees two officers step in the classroom. "Mr. Branson?"

Mr. Branson immediately grows worried, looking back slightly at Chloe, who sits up in her seat scared and alert. "May I help you?" He asks.

"Yes, sir, you can." The officer pauses, studying his face for a moment before continuing. "We have some questions for one of your students."

The second officer looking around the classroom until he finds the student they are looking for. "Audrey Jensen? We're gonna need you to come with us."

Audrey exchanges worried looks with her friends, before following the officers out of the classroom.