fourteen

chapter fourteen: you had me

episode nine: the dance

BROOKE DRIVES CHLOE HOME FROM the hospital after her attack

BROOKE DRIVES CHLOE HOME FROM the hospital after her attack. Chloe stayed silent and laid her head on Brooke's car window. There are just about a million questions Brooke was dying to ask her friend, but she decided to start with the tamest one. "I'm just really glad that you're okay. You must've been terrified."

"I was." Chloe lifts her head off the window and looks out at the road in front of her. "I just can't believe that Seth could actually do any of those things. He can't be a killer."

"Chloe, he's not who we thought he was." Brooke tries to get her to understand. "He is literally a completely different person."

"So? That doesn't make everything about him a lie, right?" Chloe looks to her friend for reassurance.

"I highly doubt that." Brooke says honestly. "Why didn't you ever tell me that you guys were, doing what ever you were doing?"

"I guess I sort of assumed that you would get all judgemental on me." Chloe tells her honestly.

"Chlo, I am not judging you. After everything that we've been through, I wouldn't ever do that." Brooke voiced. "Besides, I am the last person to judge you right now."

"Why am I so alone?" Chloe leans her head back on the seat.

"Hey, you're not." Brooke tries to cheer her up.

"My mom left me, my dad's in prison, my ex... whatever the hell he is, is being held for murder." Chloe groans. "And now I have to stay with Jake."

"You know if Jake drives you crazy, you can always come and stay with me." Brooke offers.

"I might actually hold you to that." Chloe laughs. "Hey, what did you mean when you said you were the last person to judge me right now?"

"What do you mean?" Brooke plays dumb.

"You just said literally 4 seconds ago that you were the last person to judge me right now." Chloe looks at her friend, deciding maybe now wasn't the best time to push her. "You don't have to tell me, it's okay. I just wanted to make sure you know the no judgemental thing goes for me not judging you either."